Chapter Forty Four

That must be the concubine who gave birth to a pair of male and female twins, Concubine Yan.

Yang Shuqing hated and detested this Concubine Yan. After she was reborn, she accidentally found a proof of this concubine mixing up the marquis residence's bloodline and schemed so Anyuan Marquis would know.

This concubine born eldest son was actually the child Concubine Yan stealthily took from her maternal family. She only gave birth to a daughter and she was Yang Shuqing's concubine born little sister, Yang Wanling.

The male and female twins were fake.

This daughter of Concubine Yan, Yang Wanling, was the person the blackened 'Jiang Ningbao' worked with to deal with the female lead but was instead dealt by the female lead tragically.

This kind of thing was originally suppressed by Anyuan Marquis, but Yang Shuqing silently spread it out and she added fuel to the flames, making the whole capital abuzz with this matter, but it was suppressed in the end.

It seemed that female leads who got reborn for revenge all like this kind of ruining the reputation of the targets of vengeance.

Yang Shuqing never thought that once she spread this out, although it ruined her concubine born little sister's reputation, but Anyuan Marquis Residence's reputation was also ruined a lot. A marquis actually got deceived by a concubine for almost twenty years. His face would be all gone.

"This servant almost forgot. Manager Yao gave news to this servant, saying that King Rui Residence's little king had met Miss Yang and it was unknown what they were talking about. When Miss Yang left, her face was dark and sullen that it's scary."

"I never thought that Miss Yang and the little king had some relations."

Chun Xi frowned.

"Miss Yang is talented and is beautiful with a good background. There are a lot of people who like her. Little king is known for his love for beauties. It's not strange that he has some relations with Miss Yang."

Jiang Ningbao squinted her eyes. She felt that the reason why the male and female leads did not make an engagement should be because of this little king from King Rui Residence. Little king Xiao Ran was the book's number two male support character who solved a lot of female lead's problems and enemies both blatantly and silently. He swept many obstacles in the female lead's road of revenge.

It seemed that her guess was right. Little king's appearance was not a coincidence.

With her, this female canon fodder who was not acting according to script, who knew if this little king who liked beauties Xiao Ran would still fall in love with the female lead like in the book. Jiang Ningbao thought with interest.

Chun Xi: "....."

Actually, her lady did not lose to Miss Yang. That one time her lady's face was revealed among the crowd, the audience were all surprised and they praised the lady's beauty and aura. Her lady was not the capital's top five beauties.

This, Chun Xi did not dare to tell her lady.

As a trusted servant, she always knew that her lady did not like the soft and weak looks her lady had.

Midday, Jiang Mingyao's engagement was made. The official matchmaker left and the whole Changning Count Residence was in a happy mood.

Old Madam Jiang and First Madam Zhang gave thirty percent additional salary to the servants because of this happy matter.

When Jiang Ningbao knew Jiang Mingyao's engagement was made, she only smiled. The other party was like she thought, Xie Residence's second branch second legal young master, Xie Jinghui.

This time, Jiang Mingyao did not come over.

She heard that Madam Zhang arrested her in the courtyard to make her wedding dress. The date was also settled, in this year's latter half. The wedding was a bit rushed, Madam Zhang specially invited the old servant from the palace to teach Jiang Mingyao for this matter.

A few days ago, Jiang Mingyao went to her place three times. Jiang Ningbao only placate her with a few sentences and did not act as an understanding older sister. Madam Zhang's action of sending women to her older brother's courtyard made her uncomfortable and she did not want to get close to Jiang Mingyao.

If the encounters increase, feelings would deepen and the chains would increase.

Jiang Ningbao disliked troubles.

.....

Large barracks in Western Suburbs

A handsome man with grave and stern expression with swift and fierce momentum sat on the table, sorting through documents. The man's whole body emitted a tyrannical aura that made people's hearts tremble. A moment later, he put down the writing brush and closed his eyes. The string of shiny purple wooden buddhist beads on his wrist was attractive.

This handsome man was Dayue Dynasty's war deity — Duke Ding Xie Heng.

"Master, the old madam asked you to return to the residence to discuss some matters." A man wearing black clothes entered soundlessly and spoke respectfully.

This black clothed was one of Duke Ding Xie Heng's personal guards.

"Mother?"

Duke Ding, Xie Heng, lifted his handsome faces. His pair of sharp eyes carried a natural dominating aura and his voice was low and cold as he spoke, "Did something happen in the residence?"

"Replying master. There is indeed something big happening in the residence. Heir and Jiang fourth miss annulled their engagement three days ago."

Also, Jiang fourth miss and the master's rumors were out of control.

The black clothed man silently swallowed the latter words.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's sharp sword-like brows knitted. His finger tapped lightly on the table. He lightly said, "Reason."

The black clothed man lowered his head. He spoke from the events in Plum Blossom Banquet and told the cause and reasons of the heir annulling the engagement in detail.

When Duke Ding Xie Heng heard that the heir knelt in the old madam's courtyard to force her to agree, his body exploded with a violent and sharp aura, making the black clothed man's face turned white and he excreted cold sweat, almost kneeling.

Fortunately, this violent aura was only released for a moment and disappeared.

"Continue!"

From Duke Ding Xie Heng's cold voice, no emotions could be heard.

The black clothed man mentally lit up a candle for the heir. Even though the master usually did not seem intimate with the old madam, even rarely going back to Duke Ding Residence, that's because the master could not get near. They, these personal guards, knew that the master placed the most importance on the old madam.

How could the heir not know?

"Return to the residence tomorrow."

Hearing the black clothed man's report, Duke Ding Xie Heng's eyes turned frosty cold. He lightly patted the purple beads on his wrist and spoke with no emotion.