Chapter One Hundred and Forty One

Jiang Ningbao only smiled and did not reply. Jiang Mingyao's eyes flashed with disappointment.

After walking one round, the people adding the dowry left and Jiang Ningbao also went back. If the sisters or good friends wanted to add the dowry, Jiang Ningbao needed to be present in her own courtyard to welcome them.

But where would Jiang Ningbao find a close friend? The only one who had quite a good relationship with her was Fu Wanning.

Once Jiang Ningbao went back to her courtyard, Chun Xi joyfully told her, "Lady, Lady Fu came to add your dowry."

Jiang Ningbao spoke in pleasant surprise, "Quickly let her in."

Not long later, Fu Wanning led two servant girls in. There was an intricate box in the servant girls' hands.

Today, Fu Wanning wore an apricot colored long dress, looking gentle and beautiful.

"Ningbao, I came to add your dowry."

Jiang Ningbao told her to sit while Chun Xi served the tea. Fu Wanning sippe the tea and her servant girls put the boxes forward. Inside was a set of exquisite accessories embed with gems.

"Ningbao, this is the dowry I give to you. It's not valuable but don't you look down on it," Fu Wanning spoke with a soft tone.

Jiang Ningbao sincerely said thank you and let Chun Xi store it away.

She spoke with a light smile, "Wanning, you are ridiculing me. This set costs at least a few hundred silvers. Such an expensive gift, how can I look down on it? Moreover, you've come to add my dowry. Even if you only give me a sachet, I will still be happy."

Fu Wanning's eyes were filled with laughter.

The two of them talked for a while. Since Fu Wanning could not stay for long, she stood up and said farewell. Jiang Ningbao sent off Fu Wanning. After that, her concubine born female cousins came along with concubine born sisters from the first branch. They all came to add her dowry.

Satches, handkerchieves, gold and silver, jewelry, etcetera. They were all the intentions and their blessing coming from each one of them.

Jiang Ningbao welcomed them with good quality tea.

In the blink of an eye, it was already noon. Jiang Ningbao was preparing to eat together with her older brother. At this time, Chun Le came to report.

"Lady, first young lady and fifth young lady came to add your dowry."

First young lady....

Jiang Ningbao was stunned. So her eldest female cousin came. Wasn't she pregnant and needed to recover at the marquis residence?

Before she could think about it deeper, she heard footsteps nearing. Her eldest female cousin, Jiang Shuyan, came in while holding her fifth sister Jiang Mingyao. There were quite a lot of servants behind her eldest female cousin. It seemed that her eldest female cousin was living well.

"Oldest sister, fifth sister, you came."

Jiang Ningbao greeted the two of them with a smile and she put her gaze on her eldest female cousin's flat stomach for a while. After that, she told Chun Xi to put a jar of hot water on the table.

Jiang Shuyan was beautiful and her body exuded a soft and kind air. When she took in Jiang Ningbao's appearance for the first time, she was slightly startled.

She always knew that her fourth sister was beautiful, especially with that soft air that made men feel the urge to protect. After just a few months, the pity evoking air had disappeared. In place of it was great brilliance and beauty akin to a dusty pearl that shone once the dust came off.