Chapter Thirteen

After Jiang Ningbao left the Golden Longevity Hall, she walked lightly and quickly as she took her servant girl Chun Xi with her back to the west side courtyard. She ignored the servants who secretly glanced at her and gossiped among themselves.

The matter of Butler Zhao visiting to annul the engagement could not be kept secret and it was already circulating around the capital.

"Lady, are you alright?" Chun Xi glanced at her young miss carefully. She thought back to Duke Ding Residence's Butler Zhao and could not help but ask in worry.

Jiang Ningbao smiled faintly and gazed at the small garden nearby. The flowers in the garden were blossoming and she answered happily, "I'm good."

She's indeed good. Being a delicate young miss for many years then revealing a little of her true face and shocking everyone till their jaws drop made Jiang Ningbao felt free and happy.

Chun Xi gazed at the young miss' charming smile and not knowing why, her heart felt unsettled, feeling that her young miss was not right somewhere.

When she went to the kitchen to grab evening lunch, she was notified of what her young miss did and trembled. How could the miss be this foolish?

She took the lunch box hurriedly and went back to the courtyard. Chun Xi saw her young miss standing under an osmanthus flower tree, her delicate white face was filled with longing, as if she was a scroll of beautiful painting.

Chun Xi subconsciously slow down her steps.

"Lady, you're missing the second master and the second mistress again."

Jiang Ningbao nodded. She thought of the jars of wine buried under this osmanthus flower tree. A few of those jars were made by her and her father together and also buried them together. She sighed, "If mom and dad knew my engagement was annulled, they would be sad"

Transmigrating into ancient times, Jiang Ningbao was pampered by her parents.

Thinking to the book where 'her' parents took revenge for 'her', Jiang Ningbao raised her lips. Her parents were not dead.

It's something to be happy about. 

A pity that the book did not disclose where her parents were, only saying that they were rescued by someone in an isolated place. Dad broke his legs and mom got amnesia so they both could not go back to Changning Count Residence.

"Lady....." Chun Xi felt heartache for her. Her lady was pitiful. Second master and second mistress were gone and without her parents, her engagement was now annulled.

Jiang Ningbao turned her head back to see Chun Xi. Chun Xi was her trusted servant and always served by her side, never leaving. She even did many evil things for 'her' and sold to a dirty place.

"Is there anything delicious in today's menu?" Jiang Ningbao smiled.

Chun Xi immediately mentioned a few dishes, "There's the chicken shred bird nest soup you like and eight treasures duck, stir-fry guinea fowl, sweet and sour ribs, jade bean cake, and stir-fry vegetables."

She thought that the kitchen staffs would decrease the lady's meal after her engagement was annulled, who knew that it was still the same as usual?

Chun Xi released a breath silently.

Jiang Ningbao raised her brow and did not say anything. She turned to her room to eat lunch. Actually, Jiang Ningbao did not care whether they decreased her meals or not. Her mother's dowry was in her hand so she did not need to worry about food and clothes.

She could even open a little kitchen for herself in this courtyard.

It was just Jiang Ningbao was too lazy to do that.

The meals the kitchen made was delicious. As long as the quality had not gone down, she did not mind if they cut down the amount.