Chapter Twenty

Changning Count Residence

Jiang Ningbao quietly waited for Xie Jingyi to annul the engagement for three days already. There was still no news which made her raise her brows. She even silently joked that could it be Xie Jingyi did not dare to annul the engagement because of how ferocious the rumor outside was?

No, it should not be.

The female and male leads in the reborn novel had great attraction to each other, especially Xie Jingyi who already felt like toward Yang Shuqing. How could he let her be wronged?

"Lady, three days have passed. Heir Xie should not cancel the engagement."

Chun Xi's face was filled with joy. Even if the rumor outside were flying without restraint, but the engagement between the lady and Heir Xie had not been revoked officially. It might not even be canceled.

Even the first madam in the residence was still waiting for news and did not dare to do anything excessive.

"Chun Xi, what are you being happy for? Xie heir also did not say that he will not revoke the engagement." Jiang Ningbao smiled lightly and poured her a douse of cold water.

The happiness in Chun Xi's face were gone and she glanced at her lady with a trace of blame. Why won't the lady think positive?

"Chun Xi, I sent you to watch Duke Ding Residence and Anyuan Marquis Residence's oldest miss. Is there any new development?" Jiang Ningbao did not care about the male lead Xie Jingyi's troubles. She only wanted to know what Old Madam Xie was thinking.

It's been three days yet Butler Zhao had not gave them any confirmation.

The little and petty moves from oldest aunt had not stop and according to what Jiang Ningbao knew, Madam Zhang's trusted servant girl often met the page boy by Xie Jingyi's side. She did not know what deal they made.

Jiang Ningbao slowly frowned.

Yesterday, the oldest aunt who like to treat her like air came over to gave her a blow. The words hanging on her lips were that annulling the engagement was necessary and let her to not do any petty tricks.

Oldest uncle who was ordinary cheaply took the position of Changning Count as the eldest legitimate son and got the six rank official position. These past few years, there was not sign of promotion.

The compensation from Duke Ding's Heir was a fifth rank official position. No need to guess, her oldest uncle must be aiming at this.

Jiang Ningbao squinted her eyes and thought indifferently that how could the position fell on the first branch's hands? There was still her biological brother.

"Lady, two days ago, Old Madam Xie left Duke Ding Residence and has not return until now. Heir Xie.....Heir Xie and Anyuan Marquis' oldest miss met privately a few times."

Chun Xi was troubled. She lowered her head and did not dare to look at her lady as she report her findings in a small voice.

"Why didn't you tell this to me?" Jiang Ningbao sipped her tea and her pair of beautiful eyes stared at Chun Xi's unsettled face, as if reading her mind.

"This servant.....this servant....." Chun Xi's face went red and did not dare to explain to her. Could she say that she was afraid that her lady would be sad so she hid this information?

How could Jiang Ningbao not know what Chun Xi was thinking? She sighed and softly said, "Chun Xi, I won't pursue this matter this once, but don't hide anything from me."

Don't see Jiang Ningbao as a soft and gentle woman. She indeed stayed inside Changning Count Residence most of the time and did not go out, but she had the dowry and connections her mother left her. Jiang Ningbao not only knew everything going on inside of the residence, but also the ones outside.

Even first madam and Old Madam Jiang did not know that Jiang Ningbao hid deep.

At this time, there was an old servant who greeted from outside the room.

"Fourth miss, there's a letter for you."

"Chun Xi, take it inside." Jiang Ningbao was happy. Could it be older brother's letter? Manager Yao should already gave her letter to older brother.

When Chun Xi took the letter over, Jiang Ningbao felt weird because there were two of them. She looked at them and one was from her older brother while the other was an invitation from Anyuan Marquis' oldest miss.