Chapter Thirty

The crowd all stared at Jiang Ningbao.

Madam Zhang snorted coldly. What compensation? No way. After the engagement was officially annulled, she would send people to move it to her treasury.

Butler Zhao smiled and nodded, "That's right. These are the compensation for Jiang fourth miss."

Old Madam Jiang glanced at Madam Zhang's face that showed her indignant feeling. This Madam Zhang really seek death with her short sight. She glared at the bunch of people who were intoxicated by the sight of the treasure and sternly yelled.

"I will put the bad words first, these are all the compensation Duke Ding Residence gave to fourth girl. Don't you dare think of stealing it or you will be dealt with house rules, do you hear me?"

Madam Zhang was stunned and she clenched the handkerchief in her hands. Her eyes were filled with disbelief and unresigned feelings. What did the old madam meant by this?

Changning Count's face turned dark and sunken, then he recovered. He silently resented his mother for wanting face. She was just a niece who lost her parents, why should they be courteous to her?

In his heart, these compensation was already his.

Once the side branch madams heard the old madam's words, they suppressed the greed and envy in their hearts and calmed down. No matter how many compensation Duke Ding Residence gave, it would never be theirs.

If these really fell into fourth lady's hands, then they could try to get it. They heard that the fourth lady had her mother's dowry. They remembered that year, when the second mistress marry into Changning Count Residence, her dowry was plenty.

The more they thought, they more their hearts shook.

The fourth miss was already sixteen and after the engagement was annulled, they must find another engagement quick or it would be difficult later on. They could ask their families if there was someone with suitable age.

The few side branch madams all thought of the same scheme.

Taking in the reactions of those people, Jiang Ningbao's smile disappeared and she bowed to the old madam with a face full of gratitude, "Thanking grandmother."

Old Madam Jiang looked at Jiang Ningbao with fondness and her eyes flashed with complicated feelings as she sighed, "These should be yours. Just don't blame grandmother for canceling the engagement."

Jiang Ningbao smiled coldly in her heart. It was obviously them who wanted the compensation Heir Xie gave and wanted to annul this engagement as soon as possible, harming her reputation, and they pretended that it was all for her good. Old madam was really pretentious, but she only smiled, "Grandmother is doing this for granddaughter, how can granddaughter blame grandmother?"

"What a good child." Old Madam Jiang nodded in satisfaction.

Butler Zhao: "....."

Why did he feel that Jiang fourth miss' smile was weird?

"Butler Zhao, this matter has developed into this step. I've said it before, I will not force anything. This is the horoscope card for engagement of me and sir heir."

Jiang Ningbao glanced at Butler Zhao and smiled as she took out the horoscope card that was legalized in the government office from her sleeve and gave it to Butler Zhao.

There were three copies of the engagement card.

Two for each sides and one for the government office.

Only when the person whose engagement was annulled go to the government office to revoke it, the engagement could be officially annulled.

Old Madam Jiang and First Madam Zhang did not dare to force Jiang Ningbao because of this reason. The engagement card and her fiance's horoscope card was also in her hands.

"Jiang fourth miss, when will you go to the government office?" Butler Zhao admired Jiang fourth miss' efficient way of doing things.

Jiang Ningbao's fair and long finger swept through the engagement card and there was no lingering feelings in her eyes. She calmly looked at Butler Zhao and spoke.

"Butler Zhao, before giving back the engagement card and the horoscope card, I have two thing that I want to ask." Jiang Ningbao's pace was slow and her voice was soft and gentle, making people feel favorable toward her.