Chapter Seventy Two

The wine shops and tea houses in the capital were bustling.

Recently, the gossip regarding Duke Ding Residence came out one after another, brilliant and emerging in great quantity.

Today, no one knew who put out the news that Anyuan Marquis' Oldest Young miss went to Duke Ding Residence right after getting engaged, even describing how Duke Ding angrily rebuked Heir Xie.

What unfilial and unjust, fifty staves and kneeling in the ancestral hall for three days straight as punishment, the ones hearing the gossip were burning with righteous indignation.

Because of Yang Shuqing, everyone in the capital now knew the cause and effect of how Heir Xie and Jiang fourth miss got engaged.

Handsome and noble, brilliant and admirable Heir Xie's reputation fell from the cloud to the ground. If he annulled the engagement to be responsible for another girl, others could still understand, but he was ungrateful and perfidious. There were obviously more than one way to settle this but he chose the cruelest one.

This made others hard to accept.

Anyuan Marquis Residence's Oldest Young Miss became the femme fatale in everybody's mouth. There was also secret news that Oldest Young Miss' eight characters did not match with Heir Xie's.

If it weren't for Oldest Miss Yang not letting the matter go, everyone wouldn't have known that the reason why Jiang fourth miss was engaged with Heir Xie was because of the debt of life-saving with the intention of knotting two families.

No wonder they were so careful that they made notarized marriage certificates.

Everyone once more pitied Jiang fourth miss.

Duke Ding's act of leading black clothed guards to escort Jiang fourth miss back to the residence today was probably to back her up. Everyone made a realization and at the same time, there was a trace of disappointment.

They thought that Jiang fourth miss and Duke Ding would get together.

They were excited for nothing.

The rumors were explosive.

"Is there anyone who felt that Oldest Miss Yang;s eight characters jinx husband?"

"Jinx or not, I don't know, but hindering is already indisputable. If that day, she did not make a ruckus, no one knew that Heir Xie and Xie second madam were once saved by Jiang fourth miss's mother and Heir Xie's reputation won't fall to the ground."

"Brother, you're right. Oldest Miss Yang may be hindering or maybe her eight characters are not suitable with Heir Xie's."

"Jiang fourth miss is morally outstanding. She was bullied to annul her engagement and her reputation ruined, but she still did not reveal this matter. It was because she was kept being questioned by Oldest Miss Yang who just got engaged with Heir Xie did she reveal this old matter. Time, life, can change."

"Who knew if the act of saving lives is real or not. Maybe it's just Jiang fourth miss talking nonsense and deliberately wanting to ruin Heir Xie's reputation." Someone spoke in disagreement.

"Heir Xie admitted it himself and Duke Ding also acknowledged this. I believe in Duke Ding's moral standing. This matter must be true."

"Chih, it may even be Jiang fourth miss' mother scheming this to climb onto Xie family." That person still did not give up on blackening Jiang fourth miss and her mother.

The people present all turned to that person with gazes filled with detest.

"You're really narrow-minded. You are dark and gloomy so you see everyone as dark and gloomy. It was obviously Xie second madam who proposed the engagement and the one annulling it was Heir Xie. What does it have to do with Jiang family's second madam?"

"That's right. I see that he's either Xie family's second madam's person or Oldest Miss Yang's person."

"You may be right!"

Under the disgusted gazes of the others, that person sneaked off.

"Saying this much, does anyone feel the fact that Heir Xie who is usually cold and distant to girls suddenly rescuing Oldest Miss Yang, then liking Oldest Miss Yang, very strange?"

Once these words were spoken, the others were shocked. That was right. The brilliant and admirable Heir Xie, from the moment he rescued Oldest Miss Yang, was madly infatuated with her as if he was bewitched.

It was too strange.

"It is indeed strange. Heir Xie's personality, no matter how you look at it, is not like someone who can fall in love at first sight and won't go back on his principles, biting the hand that fed him, just for a girl he just knew. There must be something more to it."

"There must be some secrets!"

"Does everyone still remember someone saying that Heir Xie and Oldest Miss Yang had known each other for a long time? I feel that this is the most reasonable. If not, then it cannot be explained."

"Maybe someone planted gu in Heir Xie or he was plotted against using insidious methods."

"....."

Everyone brainstormed the plot and guessed every possible scenario. In the end, everyone agreed that the two of them had secretly interacted with each other before.

Without Yang Shuqing and Heir Xie knowing it, this rumor had spread all over the place.

The bunch of them continued their discussion and their topics went to whether or not Jiang fourth miss could get married to Duke Ding. Speaking about this, they, the gossiping bunch, hoped that Jiang fourth miss could.

Duke Ding's marriage was something everyone in Dayue Dynasty paid attention to.

Even enemy countries paid attention to this,

They waited year by year. In those years, there were rumors of a few girls who liked Duke Ding but there was no continuation. The ones who like Duke Ding all got married to other people and until now, Duke Ding had not got married.

On the second floor of a certain wine shop, a handsome and amorous youth with red lips and white teeth was leaning on the railing. He held a cup and waved it. As he heard the discussions below, he smiled happily.