Chapter One Hundred and Thirty

Changning Count Residence.

After Jiang Ningbao had her lunch, she stood near the window and looked at the pouring rain outside. The humid wind blew and carried a trace of coldness. Her heart was calm. Hearing her older brother, the old madam only fainted for around half an hour before waking up.

Although it was unfilial, Jiang Ningbao was quite disappointed.

"Lady, it's very wet outside, be careful not to catch a cold." Once Chun Xi entered and saw her lady opening the window, she could not help but speak words of concern. She also specially put on robes from the inner chambers on her lady.

Jiang Ningbao drank the wines she brewed since she was little and her body was very good. She had never gotten sick so how could she be afraid of a rain like this? She was not a delicate inner chamber noble lady who would get sick just by being blown by the wind. Thinking about her study session with the two old servants at noon, Jiang Ningbao asked about the conditions of the two old servants.

"Chun Xi, are the two old servants satisfied with the room?"

Changning Count Residence could not be compared to the imperial palace, after all, especially the west courtyard of hers. Jiang Ningbao could not stop worrying if the two old servants had gotten used to it or were they satisfied.

"Hearing the words of the female servants, the two old servants did not display any dissatisfaction. They ate most of the lunch so they should be satisfied." Chun Xi thought about it.

Jiang Ningbao nodded and ordered, "Let the servants serve them attentively."

Chun Xi received the order.

At this time, a middle aged servant entered to report. Her voice was excited, "Lady, Duke Ding is here."

Jiang Ningbao was pleasantly surprised, "Where is the duke?" She only wanted to complain but the duke braved through the rain to come here. The feeling of being cherished made Jiang Ningbao warm.

The servant immediately said, "The duke is at the door of the veranda."

Jiang Ningbao lifted her skirt and ran outside, leaving Chun Xi and the middle aged servant in the room. Chun Xi thought that her lady was always that impatient whenever she heard that the duke was coming.

At the door of the veranda, a tall and straight figure stood there like a bamboo. His sharp brows carried hidden worry and the rain drenched his long gown, dripping to the ground along the clothes.

"Sir duke, you came."

Jiang Ningbao saw that most of Duke Ding's long gown was drenched and her eyes moistened. Her heart seemed to be bumped heavily. Sweetness and heartache rose in her heart.

She could not help but rush to hug him. Her hands were around his neck and the two of them were glued together.

The servants in the veranda saw the two hugging people from afar and their eyes were filled with excitement and joy. Even the two old servants who were guests heard the commotion and came to look.

Who knew that they would see the duke and Jiang fourth miss hugging each other.

The two old servants exchanged glances and they placed more importance on Jiang fourth miss.

"Ningbao, are you okay?"

Duke Ding's low voice carried worry and anxiety. His pair of long arms hugged Jiang Ningbao into his embrace. He did not use much strength but hugged her tightly in his arms. His strong and hard body seemed to be her strong backing.

"I'm fine. Nothing happened. Sir duke, how can you brave through the rain to rush here? What if you get sick?" Jiang Ningbao was enveloped in his embrace and could not help but speak with worry.

"I'm worried for you." Duke Ding spoke faintly.

His low voice rang near Jiang Ningbao's ear and his hot breath swept through it, making her heart tremble.

"Sir duke, seeing you care about me like this, I'm really happy." Jiang Ningbao raised her delicate and tender face that was filled with joy.

"Don't look at my weak and tender appearance, I won't let myself be wronged and let others bully me. I don't care about grandmother's biased care, but she went too far this time. I refused my grandmother but she used big brother's future to threaten me. Is she really me and my older brother's grandmother?"

Jiang Ningbao could not help but be suspicious.

Among the grandchildren of the count residence, her older brother was the most talented and he even got the scholar title at a young age, his future was limitless. But Old Madam Jiang seemed to not be able to see this biological grandson and poured all her heart on the first branch.

"When I came, I sent someone to irritate Old Madam Jiang." Duke Ding spoce with ice cold tone and his eyes flashed with a trace of ominous energy.

Rather than irritating, it was more fitting to call it warning.

Irritating the old madam.....

Once Jiang Ningbao imagined the looks of the old madam not daring to say anything though she was oppressed, her heart felt light and could not help but laugh happily in Duke Ding's embrace.

"Sir duke, your warning will make grandmother lose face."

"In the future, she probably won't take my older brother's future to threaten me, right?"

She did not think that with just lodging a complaint, the duke would give her such a big surprise.

"She won't dare."

Duke Ding spoke with a faint voice and reached out to stroke the little lady's hair. The coldness in his eyes was swept away by the coming of spring and his pupils became soft.

Old Madam Jiang could threaten, he could too.

She won't dare.....not she could not.

The deterring force from a difference of one word was not the same.