Chapter Seventy Seven

After eating breakfast, Jiang Ningbao changed into a goose yellow long dress to greet Old Madam Jiang in Golden Longevity Hall and then to send off First Madam Zhang in the main courtyard.

Because it was raining yesterday, the air was moist, clear and delightful.

She went to the Golden Longevity Hall together with Chun Xi. Old Madam Jiang who just had her breakfast heard that fourth girl was coming and the smile on her face stiffened. A moment later, she said, "Let her in."

Once Jiang Ningbao came in, she greeted Old Madam Jiang, "Greeting grandmother."

Old Madam Jiang's eyelid twitches and her tone was indifferent as she asked, "Fourth girl, come over and sit. Why have you come today?"

Jiang Ningbao sat below Old Madam Jiang and Hong Xing at the side poured her tea. Her plum lips pursed and the hand holding the cup tightened. Her eyes were a bit dodgy as it revealed a trace of fear. After a moment of hesitation, she bit her lips.

"Grandmother, granddaughter had a terrifying nightmare yesterday night."

Old Madam Jiang frowned and spoke unhappily, "Making a fuss about nothing. It's only a nightmare, who never had a nightmare?" This fourth girl came over early in the morning just to say that she had a nightmare. Old Madam Jiang's face was full of unhappiness.

Now, once she saw fourth girl, she would feel stifled.

Old Madam Jiang was clear on Madam Zhang's condition and until now, her heart was still thinking about it. She did not have a good sleep yesterday. Not only once did she feel it was fortunate that Madam Zhang stole the chance to open the Buddhist sutra, if not..... If not, the one lying on the bed would be her.

Living up to this age, Old Madam Jiang cherished her life very much.

Her heart disliked fourth girl, but she detested Madam Zhang even more.

Fortunately, Madam Zhang lifted a rock to smash her feet.

Jiang Ningbao lifted her head to look at the servants in the Golden Longevity Hall. Her pair of beautiful eyes revealed deep worry, "Grandmother, this nightmare is different, it concerns the oldest uncle."

Once Old Madam Jiang heard that it was related to her oldest son, her eyes looked at her granddaughter in suspicion. In the end, she gestured for the servants to get away and only left her trusted servant, Hong Xing. She stared fixedly on Jiang Ningbao, "Fourth girl, speak, how is this nightmare different?"

"Grandmother, I dreamed that.....that oldest uncle was strangled by a big snake....."

Old Madam Jiang's eyes contracted, "And then?"

"And then.....And then because the oldest uncle was squeezed too tightly by this big snake, he fainted and did not wake up for a long time. And then this big snake suddenly changed into Sir Zhang Zhan's figure, then granddaughter woke up in fear."

Jiang Ningbao clutched at the small teacup. The more she spoke, she paler and the more terrified her face was.

Changning Count Jiang Dongming suddenly fainting was only described a little in the novel. It happened half a month after Duke Ding Residence visited to annul 'Jiang Ningbao's' engagement. It was only a few days from now.

Jiang Ningbao formulated a plan. First, manufacture and dig a pit for Zhang Zhan, lest Madam Zhang made a raft out of it like in the novel and schemed a play to entrap her older brother Jiang Jin.

Cut off his road of imperial examination.

Before the provincial examination, what one should abstain the most was diverting one's attention. Madam Zhang knew that her older brother was smart and had the most chance to get pass, so she caused problems to trouble her older brother, letting him unable to focus. In the novel, 'Jiang Ningbao' was used several times to give blows to her older brother Jiang Jin by Madam Zhang.

What Jiang Ningbao wanted to do was to prevent those problems.

Zhang Zhan had impure intentions from the start. One who had such impure intention to scheme for her dowry, Jiang Ningbao did not have any guilt in scheming against him.

If he did not appear before her, Jiang Ningbao would only ignore his existence.

But it was different now.

Zhang Zhan already had such ideas.

Thinking of the gazes Zhang Zhan used to look at her, it was obvious that he had thought of her as his belonging. Jiang Ningbao felt disgust at that.

Old Madam Jiang believed in such abstruse things. Maybe she won't believe it now, but after Changning Count fainted all of a sudden and no reason was found, Old Madam Jiang would think of this dream she had.

"Alright, it's only a dream, you should go back."

Old Madam Jiang was indeed half-believing and half-doubting. She put the small teacup on to the tea table with an ugly expression. Anyone who heard that someone dreamed of one's eldest son squeezed faint by a big snake won't have a good expression.

"Granddaughter withdraws."

Jiang Ningbao rose and bowed to Old Madam Jiang. Before leaving, she said, "Grandmother, granddaughter hopes that this was only an ordinary nightmare."

After saying that, she left Golden Longevity Hall.

After Jiang Ningbao left, Old Madam Jiang's eyes sunk. She was confused and uncertain as she said, "Hong Xin, what do you think is the meaning behind the fourth girl's dream? Wait, send someone to ask about which animal Madam Zhang's maternal nephew was born."

Old Madam Jiang was the first to know about Zhang Zhan's arrival and she knew that fourth girl had only met Madam Zhang's maternal nephew once yesterday night.

But now, the fourth girl actually had such a nightmare.

Old Madam Jiang could not help but be terribly suspicious.

Hong Xing immediately sent someone to inquire about Zhang Zhan and around fifteen minutes later, they had Zhang Zhan's information.

"Old madam, Sir Zhang Zhan was born under the snake year."

Old Madam Jiang's mind was shocked and the hand gripping the teacup tightened abruptly.

Married To The Male Lead's Fatherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें