Chapter Fifty Three

Old Madam Xie's face was full of disapproval, but under Jiang Ningbao's insistence, she could only compromise under helplessness. Her heart silently decided that she would use another way to compensate Jiang Ningbao.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's heart also thought this way.

At this time, he thought of the purpose of his return to the residence and the air around became cold, "Mother, where is Xie Jingyi?"

Old Madam Xie choked and could not help but glared at this worrisome son. He actually mentioned the little lady's ex-fiance in front of her!

Jiang Ningbao had no feeling when she heard Duke Ding Xie Heng asked where her ex-fiance went. She only lifted her brow and a flash of curiosity went through her eyes.

Xie Jingyi was not in the residence. If not, when his adopted father came back, it won't be possible that he as the adopted son would not appear until now.

"He went to Anyuan Marquis Residence to propose early in the morning."

When Old Madam Xie talked about this adopted grandson, her gaze carried a trace of coldness.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's handsome face became gloomy and his ominous energy spread in all directions. The few people in the main hall felt a sudden oppressing force. Fortunately, this oppressive force disappeared after a short moment.

"I disagree!"

Jiang Ningbao: "....."

As Xie Jingyi's adopted father, Duke Ding indeed had the right to disagree.

But the person had gone to propose early in the morning. Around this time, they should have already exchanged horoscope cards. Even if Duke Ding disagreed, this matter was settled.

"A'Heng, why do you disagree?"

Old Madam Xie looked at her son in surprise.

Although she was a little disheartened by this adopted grandson, she still hoped that he would be fine. Since he liked Anyuan Marquis Residence's oldest legal daughter, then Old Madam Xie won't oppose.

As long as it was not Jiang family's little lady.

Jiang family's little lady was the daughter-in-law she had decided on.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's expression was cold and hard. His gaze swept through Jiang Ningbao's face and her eyebrow moved.

Old Madam Xie who had good sight noticed this and she realized something. So it was because of Jiang family's little lady. She smiled as she asked, "A'Heng, are you worried about Ningbao girl?"

Old servant Huang who heard this also smiled.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's expressions did not change, only silently confirming Old Madam Xie's guess.

Jiang Ningbao's pair of eyes were overwhelmed with gleaming reflection of sunlight. Her mouth was curved into a soft and beautiful smile as she said with intention, "Sir Duke, actually, the heir having another person he likes, I am happy."

Duke Ding Xie Heng's gaze was cast to the little lady and their eyes met.

The little lady's pair of eyes were clear and clean. There was not a single trace of other feelings. His voice was cold and hoarse as he asked, "Don't like?"

"Yes, don't like. In the beginning, I and the heir were engaged because of the debt of gratitude and bound the two families together. These past few years, I and the heir have only met a few times, there are no deep feelings to speak of."

Especially when this heir was one who bit the hand who fed him.

"I am fine with the heir sending Butler Zhao to annul the engagement, I'm just not resigned to have to give my spot to others and have my reputation ruined."

Jiang Ningbao's eyes met Duke Ding's eyes that were brimming with ominous air as she spoke in a frank and sincere way.

Old Madam Xie had known that Jiang family's little lady did not have any feelings toward her adopted grandson. Seeing her coming out clean like this made her heart happy.

Her adopted son's action indeed made one's heart go cold.

In the beginning, Old Madam Xie did not agree to him annulling the engagement. The solution was not only that, but her adopted grandson chose the cruelest method.

–Annulling the engagement.

Engagement annulment was too cruel to females, especially when the female was innocent. But her adopted grandson was determined to annul it, even kneeling in front of Thriving Joy Hall for one day one night. His biological parents even came to plead. Old Madam Xie was forced to nod in helplessness.

She even regretted choosing Xie Jingyi to be adopted.

Duke Ding Xie Heng did not think that the little lady would be this indifferent. The cold air was frozen. Xie Heng who wanted to back her up went silent.

But what should be accounted for, he would count it clearly.

"But, I told the heir that I want to be a family with all of you." Jiang Ningbao smiled naughtily. Her pair of beautiful eyes stared fixedly at Duke Ding Xie Heng's cold and hard handsome face as she spoke meaningfully.

When Old Madam Xie heard Jiang family's little lady's words, she snapped back and could not help but laugh.

Jiang family's little lady was really.....really not conservative, but she liked it.

Her son's head was made of wood, so she could only rely on her daughter-in-law to make the move.

Old Madam Xie suddenly anticipated the life they had after marriage. With Jiang family's little lady, her son's daily life won't be so boring.

Duke Ding Xie Heng unexpectedly said a sentence, "You want to be my daughter?"