Chapter Forty Seven

The gallant horse beside him wanted to escape anxiously as it moved everywhere.

Looking at each other from afar, that tyrannical dominance washed over, making one's hair stand. The gaze traveled in all directions. Even the two guards unconsciously held their breaths, not daring to make eye contact and walked backwards.

Actually, this was also the reason why the man wearing a dark purple long gown deliberately did not restrain his ominous air.

The rest of the black clothed men went down their horses one by one, each with straight stature and sharpness with ominous air. It was obvious that they were soldiers who had gone to the battlefield, but they kept a distance with the dark purple clothed man with only one black clothed man nearer to him.

"Butler Zhao, is the duke the one in front?"

Jiang Ningbao calmly lifted the small and delicate wine jar and  stood on the stairway gracefully, her gaze settled on the man wearing a dark purple long gown as she asked Butler Zhao who was by her side.

Chun Xi stood behind her miss in fear with her body slightly trembling. Sweat had covered her back.

Why was her miss still not going in?

"Yes."

Butler Zhao nodded. It was obvious that he did not think that the duke would come back to the residence at this time and felt surprise and then joy. Jiang fourth miss actually met the duke in the main gates. This was a happy thing.

Butler Zhao welcomed with quick steps, but he did not dare to get too close. He kept quite the distance where the ominous energy was not that dense. His old bones could not handle that torture.

"Sir Duke, welcome back to the residence."

The man wearing a dark purple long gown answered faintly, his gaze on the weak and delicate little girl who dared to meet his eyes. His brows knitted and his voice was cold and sharp as a blade, "Who is she?"

Once these words were spoken, the black clothed man behind him had a stiff expression.

He did not think that his master would meet this Jiang fourth miss.

He recalled the bold declaration Jiang fourth miss spoke and the black clothed man lowered his head, though his heart silently anticipated that this Jiang fourth miss could be that exception.

Butler Zhao was moved. This was the first time the duke asked for the name of a girl.

"Answering the duke, this is Changning Count Residence's Jiang fourth miss. She received the old madam's invitation."

Jiang fourth miss.....

Duke Ding Xie Heng heard this and a trace of surprise flashed in his pair of cold and deep eyes. She was actually his adopted son's ex-fiancee.

He did not think that she would be this bold of a girl.

Jiang Ningbao's pupils moved and she suddenly put the small wine jar to Chun Xi's hands. She lifted her skirt and moved past Butler Zhao and walked to the front of the man wearing a dark purple long gown. It could be seen that she was not affected by the ominous energy emitting from the man.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's heart was surprised.

Jiang Ningbao smiled lightly and greeted Xie Heng with a sweet and mild voice.

"Changning Count Residence's second branch's Jiang fourth greets the duke!"

Duke Ding Xie Heng's eyes were deep and cold, making one's heart tremble. His voice was deep and he answered, "En."

Butler Zhao who saw this scene was filled with joy.

No wonder Monk Gao said that Jiang fourth miss' fate was very fitting with the duke's.

This was indeed true.

"You're not afraid of me?" A moment later, Duke Ding Xie Heng suddenly asked with his deep and cold voice that carried a trace of huskiness. His whole body was exuding a domineering momentum.

Jiang Ningbao was still indifferent and composed. She lifted her eyes to look at Duke Ding Xie Heng's handsome and cold face with shining and dazzling eyes. She curved her mouth. "You are not a savage beast, why should I be afraid?"

Duke Ding Xie Heng's eyes fell on the smile on her lips.

This little lady was indeed not afraid of him.

Living for twenty eight years, this was the first time a girl was this close to him. Her body had a faint scent and a trace of strange feeling rose in Duke Ding Xie Heng's heart.