Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Two

Jiang Ningbao's mouth twitched. These noble ladies really had active imagination, she wondered how their minds grew. She looked at her big brother at the side and seeing her big brother's proud face, she felt even more speechless.

Xie Qi who had good ears and eyes also nodded in agreement.

"Have you forgotten about a thing? Jiang fourth miss' parents met with mishap three years ago." Once the words were spoken, the noble ladies stayed silent.

"They did not find the bodies, right? Perhaps Jiang fourth miss' parents are still alive." A noble lady could not help but provide an explanation.

"It's possible."

Jiang Ningbao: "....." This noble lady guessed right. Her parents were indeed still alive. When her parents went back, wouldn't she confirm her status as a lucky person?

Thinking like this, she felt speechless, but ancient people believed in these.

The pair of siblings silently left.

After they walked out of the grove, Jiang Ningbao couldn't help but tell her brother about the rumor that suddenly spread a few days ago and also told him her guess. Jiang Jin smiled as he spoke, "They're right. Ningbao is a lucky person."

Jiang Ningbao spoke speechlessly, "Brother, I feel that that person is preparing for something big."

Jiang Jin smiled and flicked her nose, "You only need to spread out the words that you are only a normal girl and are not the lucky girl from the rumors. As long as you deny it, that person won't be able to execute the rest of the plan."

Jiang Ningbao had an enlightenment. She did not think of this. The ones outside the situation indeed could see it clearer. Normally, if a girl was said to bring fortune, no one would refute, only saying modest remarks, tacitly agreeing, and letting others spread it to get a good reputation.

A good reputation was hard to get but worsening a person's reputation was easy.

After Jiang Ningbao got the solution, her mood flew high. She thought of the imperial name list and could not help but ask in a small voice.

"Brother, do you think that the emperor suddenly announced to donate from various parts of Dayue Dynasty to take precautions and weaken King Qin's influence?"

The donation did not appear in the book.

Jiang Ningbao was happy with the donation's appearance. This was similar to the charity organizations in modern times. The emperor did this so he would get the gratitude of the commoners and the soldiers, also solidifying his imperial authority.

Jiang Jin nodded and his eyes slightly squinted, "It should be. The emperor's body is unwell and King Qin grew bigger. His influence among the commoners and the soldiers became bigger, this is not a good thing."

Saying this, Yang Shuqing and Jiang Ningbao had become enemies. Jiang Jin of course did not wish for King Qin to sit on the throne.

"Brother, don't worry. I've seen the emperor's diagnosis and brew medicinal wine for the emperor. The duke said that the emperor's body is turning better and in the future, he would have his own children and won't pass the throne to imperial family members. King Qin's plan will be useless." Jiang Ningbao whispered this secret to her older brother.

Jiang Jin's heart was startled. He did not think that Ningbao would reveal her capabilities. A trace of worry appeared on his handsome face and he pursed his lips as he asked with a hoarse voice.

"Ningbao, you.....why did you suddenly....."

"Brother, the emperor and the duke are cousins. With the duke present, I will be fine. The emperor is a good emperor and the important point is, I believe the duke will protect me." Jiang Ningbao smiled slightly and her tender face had trust written on it.

Jiang Jin's heart felt sour. His little sister had grown up and she won't think of him for everything. But toward Duke Ding's morals, Jiang Jin acknowledged it. He ordered in a small voice, "Ningbao, don't tell others about the emperor's condition turning better."

Jiang Ningbao nodded.

After the pair of siblings strolled the streets, they saw a lot of Buddhist novices coming and going and did not meet Monk Gao so they returned to their rooms. After asking, they knew that their oldest aunt had not returned and she seemed to have gone to the main all to cleanse the ominous energy.

Jiang Ningbao: "....."

The pair of siblings once more went to their oldest uncle's courtyard. Coincidentally, their oldest uncle had woken up. It's just he seemed to be weaker compared to the first time he woke up and his face became paler.

Count Changning Jiang Dongming had heard of what happened from the male servant and could not help but get angry at his niece. Just because he fainted, a weird punishment fell on his head. The promotion he got with so much effort disappeared and he became a laughingstock. In the future, he would be pointed at by his work mates.

Count Changning was angry but he could not show it, especially since his niece was not the same as before. He could only oppress it and politely kick out the two siblings who just came in. It was better not to see them.

"You both should go back to the residence first. I will recuperate in Clear Water Temple for a few more days."

Jiang Ningbao and Jiang Jin also wanted this and they spoke a few caring sentences, then left the courtyard. They sent someone to tell this to their oldest aunt Madam Zhang and then pack up their things to return to Changning Count Residence.

Once they arrived at Changning Count Residence, Jiang Ningbao immediately let Chun Le to send out the words that she did not admit to the rumor that she brought luck. After that, she sent someone to tell the news of her oldest uncle waking up to Old Madam Jiang.

Old Madam Jiang was very happy and the first branch got rid of its depressing atmosphere. One by one, they rushed to Clear Water Temple to visit Count Changning.