Chapter Sixty Five

Butler Zhao stared at the leaving carriage belonging to Jiang fourth miss and Duke Ding who left. He retracted his gaze and looked at Heir Xie and the other who stood there waiting. He welcomed them respectfully.

Xie Jingyi nodded slightly. He stood straight and tall, still that aloof and noble, his voice was low to the utmost.

"Butler Zhao, how can Jiang fourth miss be here?"

Yang Shuqing lowered her eyes as she stood at the side, a trace of coldness flashed through the bottom of her eyes.

Butler Zhao glanced at Old Madam Xie who was sitting on the sedan that moved forward as he answered with a smile.

"The old madam invited."

"Sir heir, let me tell you some good news. Under the witness of the old madam, Jiang fourth miss and sir duke had settled their engagement orally, only waiting to propose formally. Sir heir, please keep your distance with Jiang fourth miss from now on. Jiang fourth miss is going to be your elder soon, the future Duchess Ding."

Once Butler Zhao's words were out, they were like thunder clapping in Yang Shuqing's ears.

The future Duchess Ding.

After rebirth, Jiang Ningbao's identity was still Duchess Ding.

Could it be that Jiang Ningbao was destined to be a duchess?

The hands she hid in her sleeves tightened and her eyes flashed with cloudiness. How could it be? How could Jiang Ningbao get married to Duke Ding.....the future duchess should be her.

Once she thought of Jiang Ningbao suppressing her above her head using her identity as mother-in-law and got her revenge on her.....she still had to be respectful in front of Jiang Ningbao.....

Yang Shuqing's face did not reveal that her heart turned cold once more.

She could not let this be.

Yang Shuqing placated her messy thought and she smiled faintly, though her eyes were not.

"Jiang fourth miss can get married to Duke Ding as she wants, this is a matter worth happy for."

"Miss Yang is right. Sir duke finally gets married and has children. The old madam is very happy, even raising the servants' monthly salary." Butler Zhao replied with smiles.

He was really happy.

As long as Jiang fourth miss gave sir duke children, then Duke Ding Residence would definitely be inherited by the legitimate heir and won't fall to outsider's hand.

These few years, Xie family's second branch was too rampant.

Marrying a wife and having children.....

Yang Shuqing was shocked and her eyes flashed with a trace of cruelty. If Jiang Ningbao really gave sir duke children, then.....then what about sir heir?

The only fortunate thing was no one knew that Duke Ding only had two years left to live. As long as Jiang Ningbao did not get pregnant with the duke's child in these two years.....no, maybe there was even a crueler method.

Preventing Jiang Ningbao to get married into Duke Ding Residence.

Having the counter plan, Yang Shuqing's whole body was at ease and her clear face had on a faint smile.

Butler Zhao looked at her deeply.

Xie Jingyi's whole body stiffened and his lips were pursed into a line.

Maybe he already had the premonition when he saw his ex-fiancee standing next to his adopted father and now that his guess was right, Heir Xie did not feel unexpected.

He could not help but recall a few days earlier, his ex-fiancee declared in front of the government office.

"I feel that being my ex-fiance's mom is better."

Now, she really wanted to get married to his adopted father, becoming his.....elder. Being short a generation for no reason made Xie Jingyi feel a complicated emotion that was hard to define.

"I know."

Heir Xie spoke faintly and turned his head to glance at his fiancee, Yang Shuqing. Yang Shuqing gave him a brilliant and magnanimous smile as they entered Duke Ding Residence together.

Butler Zhao followed with smiles.

Duke Ding Residence's red painted main gates closed with a loud sound.

Yang Shuqing turned her head to gaze at the tightly shut red doors and looked at Old Madam Xie who was being carried in the front. She took a deep breath and while Duke Ding was not in the residence, she decided to plead.

Today was the day of her and Heir Xie's engagement, there must not be any blood.

Even a little was not tolerable.

.....

Going back to the residence this time, with Duke Ding's escort, Jiang Ningbao used a little trick. She did not use the nearest road, but deliberately moved around to circle a big road.

"Lady, us circling this big of a circle, is it really okay? Isn't it too obvious?" Chun Xi asked with anxiety. Once she thought that her lady specially picked a road that passed through the capital's bustling road to delay the time of arriving back to the residence, her heart trembled.

Duke Ding must have seen through it.

Jiang Ningbao smiled slightly and she flicked her hair, "Chun Xi, what are you worried about?"

Chun Xi was about to cry.

"Lady, how can this servant not be worried? If sir duke got angry....."

Jiang Ningbao laughed with a 'pfft'.

"Chun Xi, rest assured. Sir duke won't get angry. He must have seen through my want to declare ownership. He may even be secretly happy in his heart."

Declare ownership.....

Duke Ding Xie Heng who was quite close to the carriage heard the conversation of this pair of master and servant, his eyes rose with an undetectable wave.

Secretly happy.....

The black clothed guards who escorted the carriage all twitched their lips. Was the one Jiang fourth miss spoke about really their cold as ice master?