Chapter Eighty One

With the marriage decree, Jiang Ningbao's heart finally settled. After Eunuch Zhao left, the people in Changning Count Residence surrounded Jiang Ningbao in happiness. Only her oldest male cousin Jiang Zhuo was absent-minded.

He never thought that in the blink of an eye, his fourth sister would get a marriage decree.

What about Cousin Zhan?

Jiang Zhuo thought of his Cousin Zhan who was still lying in bed while shouting in pain. The gaze he used to look at Jiang Ningbao was a little weird, especially when she actually flung his Cousin Zhan with just one swing.

Jiang Zhuo was still in disbelief until now and his head was in a trance.

Fourth sister seemed so weak and soft, but had great strength. How scary! He never offended before, right?

Jiang Zhuo thought with unease.

Jiang Ningbao's smile was sweet, her brows and the corner of her eyes told of her happiness. Now, the whole Changning Count Residence knew that Jiang Ningbao could get near Duke Ding and was shocked.

She glanced at her oldest male cousin, Jiang Zhuo's, expression and her lips curved a little.

She seemed to have shocked this oldest male cousin.

After weighing the advantages and disadvantages, Old Madam Jiang who was supported by Hong Xing had a face full of smiles. She knocked with her cane heavily and swept through the servants. Her voice showed how moved she was. "Fourth girl to have this big fortune is Changning Count Residence's luck."

Changning Count twisted his lower beard and nodded with an amiable smile.

"Mother is right. Fourth girl is fortunate. Duke Ding is young and handsome with great power. This is a very rare perfect match. I never thought that fourth girl is the lady with the highest prospect in our count residence."

He looked at the graceful and cool smallest legal daughter of his and his eyes flashed with regret. His small daughter obviously did not lose to his niece, but this kind of good thing did not fall on Yao'er.

Although Xie family and Duke Ding Residence were from the same clan, Xie family could not compare to Duke Ding Residence, which was an incomparable inheritance.

If Madam Zhang did not anxiously make the engagement with Xie family's second branch, using the opportunity of the emperor giving fourth girl marriage decree, Yao'er could get a better marriage. She may even get married into a marquis family.

Changning Count thought greedily and he blamed Madam Zhang for being too anxious.

"Congratulations, fourth sister!" Jiang Mingyao looked at the happy fourth sister with a complicated gaze as she slowly moved forward to congratulate coolly. The old servants by her side protected the fifth lady as they stared at Jiang Ningbao with faces full of vigilance.

Jiang Ningbao sighed in her heart and smiled faintly toward her, her tone was equally distant. "Thank you, fifth sister."

Jiang Mingyao pursed her lips and led her servants to leave.

"Congratulations, fourth sister." Oldest male cousin Jiang Zhuo put on a smile and her second male cousin Jiang Yue congratulated her with a smile.

Jiang Ningbao received the congratulations of others with a smile.

After they left, Jiang Ningbao walked toward his courtyard at a normal pace with Chun Xi following beside her with a happy face. A marriage decree. This was the good thing all noble ladies wanted.

Now, who in Changning Count Residence dared to give ugly face to her lady?

"Lady, if the second master and second madam know of the lady's marriage matter is settled, they will definitely be happy." Chun Xi's voice was very moved and excited.

Jiang Ningbao's steps slowed a little and she stared at the vast, blue sky. She pursed her lips and smiled, "That's right. Mother and father will definitely be happy for me."

Chun Xi did not know that her parents were still alive. When her parents appeared, Chun Xi would definitely be shocked and her older brother Jiang Jin would be too. Jiang Ningbao had thought of whether or not she told her older brother that their parents were still alive.

But after thinking about it, she felt inappropriate.

How could a lady in the chambers know that her parents were still alive? If she said that she had a prophetic dream, her older brother would not believe it, only thinking that she missed her parents too much.

She could only keep this secret in her heart.

"And that Sir Zhang, he will definitely not dare to get near lady." Chun Xi continued in an overly excited manner.

Jiang Ningbao nodded in agreement, "True. A pity, I still want to teach a lesson to him."

Zhang Zhan was a fake gentleman in the book. To climb higher, he could do anything. But he had a strong point of being able to take a realistic view of the situation.