Chapter Thirty Three

Once these words were spoke, the side branch madams widened their eyes and the gaze they used to look at Jiang Ningbao carried strangeness.

This fourth lady may be over stimulated until she was mad.

She actually wanted to be her ex-fiance's mom.

Just thinking about it was scary.

The few side branch madams were conflicted. Fourth lady's dowry was plentiful but this fourth lady had her engagement annulled and was over-stimulated that she was muddleheaded. If she did something bad, wouldn't they be digging a pit for their maternal family?

Old Madam Jiang and First Madam Zhang were composed at first, but they did not think that after a few days, Jiang Ningbao had not given up. Their faces changed greatly.

Especially Madam Zhang. She had secretly found a 'good' engagement for her niece.

Wait for her to get her engagement canceled then she, Madam Zhang, would deal with her.

Now, her niece spoke words of wanting to be her ex-fiance's mother in front of the side branch madams.

Madam Zhang loathed that her niece did not think about the location before speaking rubbish and her face was very ugly. She did not even need to think to know that once Butler Zhao exited the count residence, the capital will be filled with another gossip.

Changning Count who did not manage the affairs of the backyard, for the first time, knew that his niece actually had this kind of idea. His face changed and he roared, "Making trouble! Preposterous!"

"Oldest uncle, this matter is related to this niece's happiness, please allow this niece to be willful this once." Jiang Ningbao slightly bowed to her oldest uncle, Jiang Dongming, with a determined tone.

"Peng!" Jiang Dongming slammed his hand on the table and spoke with loud voice, "I will never agree!"

First Madam Zhang was shocked white by her husband's outburst. She was jumpy and her heart was sinking. He realized that her husband placed too much importance on this niece.

"Oldest uncle!"

"Shut up! The big matter of marriage is in accordance to the elders! After annulling the engagement, me and your oldest aunt will give you a good engagement." Changning Count Jiang Dongming's face was green and he once more slammed his hand on the table.

The faces of the side branch madams were white and could not help retreating as they put their hands on their bosom. They did not know that once Changning Count was angry, he would be this scary.

Fourth lady's guts were big.

Jiang Ningbao was not scared from his outburst and the delicateness between her brows disappeared. She looked at him calmly and composed as she lifted her exquisite face and spoke without any compromise.

"Oldest uncle, forgive this niece for not being filial!"

Butler Zhao did not think that Jiang fourth miss would ask this matter this fast. It was fortunate that the old madam was very satisfied with Jiang fourth miss. Seeing Changning Count raging and opposing this matter very much, he could not help but frowned and said.

"Count, my clan's old madam said that she likes the fourth miss very much."

Changning Count had words stuck on his throat and with an ugly face, he glared at Jiang Ningbao.

"This does not conform with the tradition."

Butler Zhao smiled, saying, "Count, the fourth miss said that she wanted to get married to the duke so my family's old madam went to Monk Gao to look at the duke's and the fourth miss' eight characters two days ago. The pleasant surprise is that their characters are very suitable."

"Old madam is very happy."

Once these words were out, the faces of the crowds changed.

Every one understood the meaning of Butler Zhao's words, Old Madam Xie took a fancy on Jiang Ningbao.

Jiang Ningbao's heart was happy. So hers and the duke's characters were this suitable. There was a trace of joy on her face and she waved the engagement card. Her tone was light and feathery as she spoke.

"I've asked what I want to ask. Butler Zhao, let us go to the government office and quickly annul the engagement, lest it troubles the Heir Xie."

This time, no one stopped her. Changning Count held back a breath. He thought of something and he eyes were dark and murky.

Old Madam Jiang looked at Jiang Ningbao with a complicated gaze. Madam Zhang did not care whether or not Jiang Ningbao had left the hall. Her pair of eyes were glued to the few big boxes and there were excitement in her eyes."

"Grandmother, should we put away the compensation from Duke Ding Residence?"

Old Madam Jiang glanced at the side branch madams and silently cursed Madam Zhang as an idiot in her heart.

"Hong Xing, call someone to clean it up. Send it to her courtyard later on when she comes back."

Madam Zhang was stunned and her eyes turned red. She screamed, "Mother!"

Even Changning Count could not help but look at his mother.

Old Madam Jiang closed her eyes.

Exiting the hall, Jiang Ningbao called Chun Xi over. Chun Xi had prepared a hat for her lady early on, covering her exquisite and delicate face.

"Butler Zhao, let us go. My carriage has been waiting at the side door." Jiang Ningbao smiled faintly, her nice voice had a trace of joy.

Butler Zhao smiled slightly. He carried a bunch of guards and followed Jiang fourth miss' carriage. They left Changning Count Residence and went to the government office in a vast and mighty manner.

The people who kept their attention on Changning Count Residence saw this and followed them to see the show.

Until Butler Zhao and a girl with good figure whose face was covered went together to the government office, the crowd burst.

"The on beside Butler Zhao is Jiang fourth miss, right? Why is she wearing a hat? Could it be that she's ugly as the rumor said?"

"It's possible. No wonder Heir Xie wanted to cancel this engagement."

"Why is Butler Zhao going to the government office?"

"See the situation. They must be going to the government office to annul the engagement. Since they place much importance to this engagement, there must be something going on back then."

"You think too much. How can there be an internal scheme? Getting engagement card in the government office, isn't it just placing importance on this engagement?"

"That might not be so."

"Isn't it said that Jiang fourth miss' face ugly?"

The crowd had not dispersed after a long time and the topic of conversation went to the face of Jiang fourth miss.

After canceling the engagement formally in the government office, Butler Zhao and Jiang Ningbao took their own horoscope cars and destroy the three copies of the engagement card.

Now, Jiang Ningbao and Heir Xie's engagement was officially annulled.

Their marital matters won't affect each other.

Exiting the government office, Butler Zhao bowed to Jiang Ningbao and smiled, "Fourth lady, this Zhao will take his leave."

Jiang Ningbao had on a gentle smile underneath her black veiled hat. Her mood was good. "Take care, Butler Zhao!"

After Butler Zhao and his guards left, Jiang Ningbao raised her head to the sky and noticed that the dark clouds had passed and the sky was bright. The sunlight penetrated the clouds, leaving a warm and bright rays of light.

Suddenly, an arrow was fired toward her.