Chapter Three

"Ningbao greets grandmother, oldest aunt."

Jiang Mingyao also greeted with a chilly face.

"Mingyao greets grandmother and mother."

Old Madame Jiang looked at her granddaughters with different temperaments and showed an amiable smile, especially to the first branch's fifth miss Jiang Mingyao.

Old Madame Jiang's face was full of smiled when she asked about Jiang Mingyao's current situation and nodded in satisfaction. She turned to Jiang Ningbao. Toward this granddaughter who possessed tender and beautiful appearance that easily evoke pity, Old Madame Jiang could not help but frown her brows.

She actually did not like this granddaughter. Every time she looked at Jiang Ningbao, she would think of the favored concubine who had tender features during the time the Old Count was young.

But this granddaughter was lucky, having a good engagement since she was little.

She brought Changning Count Residence a lot of benefits, but now that her engagement met with an unforeseen event, it was hard to say whether or not this engagement could be saved. Even if it could be saved, the position of legal wife would probably be given to another. Old Madame Jiang's gaze was complicated as she looked at Jiang Ningbao, having a rare moment of soft-heartedness.

"Fourth girl, you don't need to care about the awful rumors circulating outside. Grandmother will definitely support you. No one could humiliate the young misses of our Count Residence."

"Mother is right. Fourth girl, you can be at ease, your engagement will be fine." The first madame surname Zhang also gave her word of consolation.

If talking about who in the residence that did not wish Jiang Ningbao's engagement to met with mishap the most, it would be the first madame.

Changning Count Residence was a declining noble family. Only having the title but no real power.

The men in the residence did not have any high position.

In the early years, the first madame was treated coldly and ignored in the circle of noble madams. After Jiang Ningbao's fiance was adopted by Lord Protector Ding, the madams who usually treat her coldly all became friendly with her.

Her eldest daughter even married into the marquis residence.

The first madame who tasted the sweetness of course did not want her niece's engagement to change, especially when her uncle was planning on giving her second son an official job.

In reality, the first madame and the old madame was the same. They both did not like Jiang Ningbao who was beautiful and delicate. This was why the first madame silently allowed Jiang Ningbao to be treated less, but she won't do it too much.

The old madame also knew about this but pretended not to.

The cool and cold Jiang Mingyao who was standing beside Jiang Ningbao showed pity. Fourth sister's engagement what was the envy of others being stared at by so many people was not a good thing.

Anyuan Marquis Residence had immense influence while Changning Count Residence had nothing.

It was all up to Duke Ding Residence's decision.

In her opinion, the engagement of fourth sister and Duke Ding's heir would change.

Jiang Ningbao smiled lightly and nodded warmly, "Thanking grandmother and first aunt." Her lowered eyes flashed with coldness. She did not believe that Old Madame Jiang and first aunt would help her keep the engagement.

Once she woke up and found herself as the venomous female antagonist, Jiang Ningbao had adjusted to it. She of course knew the continuation of the story from Peach Blossom Banquet. Duke Ding Residence would send someone to cancel the engagement. After Old Madame Jiang and first aunt knew about the tempting compensation, they were ecstatic to cancel this engagement.

At this time, there was a servant girl giving report.

"Old Madame, First Madame, Butler Zhao from Duke Ding Residence request an audience."

Once these words were spoken out, the hall fell into a strange silence.

Jiang Mingyao glanced at her fourth sister and on her cold face, a trace of worry appeared.

It was obvious that Duke Ding Residence did not come with good intention.

Jiang Ningbao's heart suddenly skipped as she thought of the plot development. She felt what a coincidence it was. It seemed that today was the day Duke Ding Residence came to cancel the engagement. She lowered her eyes and a dark glint passed her eyes.