Chapter Fifty One

After Old Madam Xie cried, or maybe Jiang Ningbao's appearance let her see hope, Old Madam Xie regulated her emotions and took the handkerchief old servant Huang gave. She looked at the little lady who stood there silently with warmth.

"This must be Changning Count Residence's fourth lady, right?"

Jiang family's fourth miss was as the rumor said to be beautiful and the way she carried herself was very good.

Old Madam Xie nodded in satisfaction.

Old servant Huang at the side also had a very good impression on Jiang Ningbao.

This Jiang fourth miss was the duke's fated person. Later, the duke would need her help to get past thirty.

Jiang Ningbao smiled and hugged the small wine jar as she stepped forward. She saluted to Old Madam Xie, "Ningbao greets the old madam."

Old Madam Xie saw that not only Jiang Ningbao had delicate features, her eyes were also clear and she conducted herself magnanimously with no fakeness. Her heart took a liking and the heartache before was forgotten. Old Madam Xie's smile became more amiable and intimate.

"I've heard Little Zhao mention you. Meeting you today, you are indeed very good, a good lady."

Jiang Ningbao curved her eyes and smiled, "Thanking the old madam for the praise." And then she put forward the small and delicate wine jar. "Old madam, this is the wine I brew myself. It can cure the small sicknesses in the body and the effect is very good."

After saying that, Jiang Ningbao turned her head back to look at Duke Ding Xie Heng who was standing at the center of the hall. She added with a trace of embarrassment.

"I heard that a few years ago, Sir Duke was wounded. This medicinal wine can also heal hidden wounds and recuperate the body."

Old Madam Xie was at first curious what was inside the earthen jar. Hearing that it was the medicinal wine the little lady made herself and glancing at the movement of her son, her eyes flashed with laughter.

Her son was cold, like a piece of wood. It was good that Jiang family's little lady took the initiative.

Old Madam Xie smiled as she let old servant Huang to receive the small earthen jar, "Ningbao girl is considerate. Hearing you, I do want to taste how good this medicinal wine is."

After that, Old Madam Xie turned to her son and smiled in teasing, "A'Heng, you see how considerate the little lady is toward you?"

Duke Ding Xie Heng: "....."

Old Madam Xie did not expect her cold son to respond. She only wanted to help the little lady.

"Old madam, you can open the lid now to taste it."

Jiang Ningbao heard Old Madam Xie calling her intimately with 'Ningbao girl', her eyes rippled with laughter and her lips slightly curved.

Duke Ding Xie Heng stood straight at the center of the main hall. Seeing her mother and the little lady conversing happily, faces carrying smiles, the usually cold heart of his felt a trace of warmth.

But once he thought of the act of his adopted son forcing his mother to agree to annul the engagement, Duke Ding Xie Heng's eyes could not help but have a trace of ominous air emerging.

"Alright alright. Old servant Huang, have you heard Ningbao girl's words?" Old Madam Xie turned to look at old servant Huang. Thinking that this little lady would be her daughter-in-law, she could not hold in her smile.

Old servant Huang nodded with a face full of smiles, "The servant will open the jar." As she spoke, she only used a little strength to open the lid of the jar. A burst of warmth and medicinal scent and wine scent spread out from the little jar.

Only the scent diffused out, the people smelling it felt their body turned at ease.

Old Madam Xie sighed in surprise, "Smelling this medicinal wine smell, I feel that my body turns lighter. I can't wait to drink a large mouthful of the medicinal wine to try the effects."

"Old madam, this medicinal wine can only be drunk in a small cup every time." Jiang Ningbao said with a soft voice at the side. Her heart was moved by Old Madam Xie's trust.

'Medicinal wine' this kind of thing, most people would first find doctors to check before drinking and they won't drink at the spot.

But Old Madam Xie did this.

Jiang Ningabao did not know that Duke Ding Xie Heng and Old Madam Xie had long known that she was the master behind Jinjiang Teahouse and they knew that she was good at brewing wines. Hearing that this was the wine she brewed herself, they were filled with anticipation.

Old servant Huang took out the lid and cloth, a denser smell of the wine burst.

Old Madam Xie took a deep breath of the medicinal wine smell.

"Quick, pour me the wine."

Old servant Huang smiled, "Old madam, don't be anxious. This servant is pouring you the wine." As she spoke, she cleaned her hand in the bronze bowl and dried her hands, then she took out three clean white small cups from the tea set and poured three glasses of medicinal wine.

The medicinal wine was clear and translucent, faintly yellow. The smell of the medicinal wine and the density made the people revel in it and their bodies became more at ease.

"Ningbao girl, why don't you take a cup to give to A'Heng so he can taste it?" Old Madam Xie pointed to one of the cups on the tray and did not forget to make opportunities for Jiang Ningbao.