Chapter Eighty Nine

The next day, the sky was bright. Jiang Ningbao opened her sleepy eyes and she wore an outer garment as she walked to the window. The servants were cleaning the courtyard outside.

"Lady, you're awake?" Chun Le brought a bronze basin inside and saw her lady standing beside the window. Her round face flashed with surprise.

"Yes, I slept early yesterday so I woke up earlier today." Jiang Ningbao calmly went to wash her face.

Chun Le: "....."

After Jiang Ningbao ate breakfast, she wore a light blue dress with red plum embroidery in the front and back. She wore an exquisite jasper hair clasp and on her waist, there were two rings of sheep-fat white jade ornaments, appearing clean and elegant.

"Let's go. It's time to go to Duke Ding Residence." Jiang Ningbao looked at the woman in the mirror and smiled. She turned to look at Chun Le and Chun Xi and walked out of the room. As she walked, the jade ornaments clashed and made a clear sound.

Around an hour later, the carriage arrived at Duke Ding Residence.

Jiang Ningbao led her two servant girls to Thriving Joy Hall to see Old Madam Xie. Knowing that Jiang Ningbao was coming, Old Madam Xie's face was full of smiles and immediately sent someone to call her son over.

A moment later, Duke Ding Xie Heng who was wearing a dark colored brocade gown entered Thriving Joy Hall with steady strides. The air froze and it made people scared. Strangely, Duke Ding led an old imperial doctor with white long beard. This imperial doctor was following not far behind Duke Ding.

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

"Greeting mother."

Duke Ding Xie Heng greeted Old Madam Xie on the high chair and his gaze fell on the little lady beside her. The little lady gave him a smile.

"Sir duke, I'm here."

Her smile was soft and beautiful, her voice was warm and easy to the ears.

Duke Ding Xie Heng felt his heart start to jump erratically. He pursed his lips and his handsome and spirited face emitted solemnity and coldness.

He seemed to really have a heart problem.

At this time, the white haired old imperial doctor greeted Old Madam Xie and was surprised at her appearance that seemed ten years younger.

Perhaps it was the happy matter that made her like this.

"A'Heng, why did you call the imperial doctor over? Mother is fine," Old Madam Xie nodded slightly to the old imperial doctor and smiled as she asked Duke Ding.

After drinking the medicinal wine Ningbao girl gave her, the pain and sickness she had disappeared. Her whole body felt very healthy.

Duke Ding Xie Heng shook his head, "The imperial doctor is not here to check on mother."

Old Madam Xie was stunned and asked with worry, "A'Heng, is something the matter with Jingyi?"

Duke Ding Xie Heng shook his head again and turned to the old imperial doctor. Her voice was cold and deep, "Imperial doctor Chen, you should check Jiang fourth miss. I think that she has heart sickness."

Jiang Ningbao widened her eyes and she would no longer be calm, "Sir duke, I am very healthy."

Old Madam Xie was bewildered.

"Yesterday, you said that your heart got sick beyond cure. I invite an imperial doctor to check on you. Don't hide sickness for fear of treatment." Duke Ding Xie Heng's handsome face was solemn.

Jiang Ningbao's white face instantly had red dust and she could not help but glare at Duke Ding, this wooden head, out of embarrassment. Her expression was hard to describe.

Old Madam Xie was first astonished and hearing her son's words, she almost laughed. Oh my goodness! Her son was really an unenlightened wooden head.

Ningbao girl was pitiful.

The old imperial doctor could hear the fishiness inside and his eyes twitched. Duke Ding actually made such a silly ruckus. He lightly coughed and spoke as he held back from laughing.

"Jiang fourth miss, come here. Do not hide sickness for fear of treatment, let this old doctor check so the duke can be assured."

Jiang Ningbao glanced at Old Madam Xie's sly smile and could only let the old doctor check.

The old imperial doctor checked the pulse and smoothened his white beard. He looked at Duke Ding and smiled, "Sir duke, Jiang fourth miss is very well, there is no heart sickness."

Duke Ding Xie Heng released his breath. It was good that the little lady was not sick. He did his best to restrain the ominous energy on him and solemnly let the Imperial Doctor Chen check him.

"Imperial doctor, check me. These past few days, my heartbeat is abnormal, I might have heart sickness."

The Thriving Joy Hall was silent.

Jiang Ningbao widened her eyes and gaped her mouth.

Old Madam Xie who was drinking tea almost spurted out the tea in her mouth. She looked at her son's handsome face with her eyes twitching. Even old servant Huang looked at the duke speechlessly.

Sir duke, you did not have heart sickness, your heart was moved.

The old imperial doctor's face was hard to describe, but he still seriously checked the duke as he resisted the ominous energy. The result was that he was healthy.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's sword-like brows knitted and confirmed three times.

He really felt that he had heart sickness.

After the old imperial doctor fled in defeat and she saw Duke Ding's cold and solemn face, Jiang Ningbao could not help but laugh.

Hahaha, sir duke was really cute.

Old Madam Xie could not help laughing. So her cold son also had this cute side.