Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Seven

The hall was silent.

Old Madam Jiang's face suddenly sunk, her pair of sharp eyes stared at Jiang Ningbao. She heavily put aside the teacup in her hand to the tea table. Hong Xing and a few servant girls trembled in their hearts.

Jiang Mingyao lowered her head, her pretty face turned red as she gripped her sleeves tightly.

The more grandmother wished well for her, the more her heart felt unwell.

The two old servants fourth sister took back were indeed better than the old servants her mother found her, but they were the old servants Duke Ding found for her fourth sister. The past few days, she kept on being educated by the old servant and kept feeling worried and her unconscious father and her mother who was tortured by the ominous energy, so she did not pay attention to the matters in the residence.

She did not think that the residence did not give her fourth sister educational old servants and did not prepare for her fourth sister' marriage. Even the wedding dress was prepared by Duke Ding Residence for her fourth sister.

Once Jiang Mingyao thought of this, her heart felt even more guilty.

"Prosperous! Fourth girl, have you forgotten that you are a lady of Changning Count Residence and is tied to Changning Count Residence's glory? You lose if the residence loses. Now, the only ladies in the residence are you and fifth girl, these two legitimate cousins. You help fifth girl and in the future, fifth girl lives well, you can have a sister who can help you."

"Do you still resent grandmother and your oldest uncle and oldest aunt annulling your engagement? We as the elders did this for your good. Heir Xie was adamant in annulling the engagement and if you adamantly want to maintain the engagement, you will regret it when you get married later."

Old Madam Jiang's face was dark and sullen as she rebuked Jiang Ningbao, her tone was filled with fury and pain. This fourth granddaughter had grown up independent and dared to disobey her, this grandmother.

She was exactly like her mother, unable to have big hopes for her.

Being criticized in distress by Old Madam Jiang, Jiang Ningbao's face was calm and her pair of beautiful eyes started fixedly at the old madam as her lips unconsciously raised into a sneering smile.

"Grandmother, granddaughter dare not resent and have no need for the help of any sister." Helping was putting it in a nice way to hear. With the oldest aunt there, who would help her?

"Grandmother, granddaughter already have educational old servants." Jiang Mingyao retracted her chaotic thoughts and looked at her grandmother's furious face, looking down.

"How can your educative old servants compare to the educative old servants from the palace? Those two had once served the previous empress! As long as they teach you, Xie family won't dare to use etiquette to make things difficult for you!"

Old Madam Jiang could not help but glared at her fifth granddaughter. Her fifth granddaughter was so innocent that it got her worried.

The old servants served the previous empress and the current emperor was the previous empress' legitimate son. As long as her fifth granddaughter was taught by them, others would see her in a higher light in the future.

Duke Ding Residence's Old Madam Xie was really took great pains, since fourth granddaughter's parents passed away and she was afraid that others would pick on her etiquette when Jiang Ningbao married over, so she found the two old servants who served the previous empress to teach Jiang Ningbao.

Without power and influence, it was not possible to invite the old servants of the previous empress.

Their small and little Changning Count Residence could not even invite the old servant from the imperial concubines, no need to say the old servants of the previous empress.

Her fifth granddaughter was so foolish that others felt heartache for her. She was not at all like that calculative mother of hers.

"Fifth girl, you stand by the side and think about it carefully." In the end, it was the granddaughter she doted on from little so Old Madam Jiang did not want to force her. Xie family was a big clan. If fifth granddaughter wanted to have a stable position in the Xie family, she needed more cards to wear.

She did not need to worry about fourth girl since Duke Ding's situation was special and could only have fourth girl as his woman. In the future, she would pass her days better than others. She was more worried about her innocent and straight fifth granddaughter.

"Grandmother....." Jiang Mingyao bit her lips and lowered her head, she did not dare to look at her fourth sister.

Jiang Ningbao stared at her fifth sister and took in the hesitation and struggle in her eyes. She silently sighed. Jiang Mingyao was still a little lady, but she was not a soft-hearted person.

"Fourth girl, have you understood the words I just said? In t future, fifth girl will be learning from the two old servants with you." Old Madam Jiang ignored the struggle of her fifth granddaughter and stared at Jiang Ningbao with a sharp gaze as she made arbitrary decisions and took peremptory actions.

Jiang Mingyao's body trembled and she lowered her head further.

Jiang Ningbao was so angered she laughed. This grandmother was forcefully making a selling and buying. She looked at Jiang Mingyao who did not make a sound and her gaze carried coldness. Her voice was cold and hard, "Grandmother, it's still that sentence, I don't agree."

Old Madam Jiang's gaze was ice cold. Her angry mouth even trembled, "You bast*rd! Don't think that having climbed on Duke Ding, you can sit back and relax. Don't forget that Jin boy is still in the residence. Do you want to ruin his future?"

The last sentence carried hidden threats.

The servant girls in the main hall all revealed shocked expressions, especially the old madam's servant girl, Hong Xing. She was shocked that her mouth gaped open wide with eyes filled with disbelief.

She did not think that old madam would use the third young master to force fourth lady for fifth lady.

The main hall descended into silence.