Chapter One Hundred and Forty Three

He heard that there were a lot of people who came on the first day of adding dowry and they would lessen after day one, consisting of friends of relatives who came from afar.

The little lady should have it lighter tomorrow. Thinking like this, Duke Ding felt a little reassured and the fidget in his heart vanished without a trace.

......

On the second day of adding her dowry, Jiang Ningbao's uncle grandly sent one cart after another to the count residence for increasing Jiang Ningbao's dowry, attracting the attention of the commoners in the capital.

Yang Shuqing who ridiculed Jiang Ningbao for having little dowry yesterday knew that Jiang Ningbao's uncle and his family arrived on time at the capital and her face changed. They had the same surname 'Yang' but Xu Zhou Prefecture's Yang family and An Yuan Marquis had nothing to do with each other.

Although Xu Zhou Prefecture's Yang Family did not seem much with no noble lady of their marrying into the imperial family, no one dared to look down on them. Even the Yang family that Anyuan Marquis belonged to did not have the long standing history of Xu Zhou Prefecture's Yang family.

Everyone in Changning Count Residence was shocked.

They thought that since Xu Zhou Prefecture's Yang Family was far away from the capital, when the news of the marriage decree arrived to them, they could not make it on time to attend Jiang Ningbao's wedding. Who knew that they were smug too early.

Old Madam Jiang thought of the old matter that happened three years ago and her gaze sank. She did not want to have any contact with the Yang family. Though Yang family was considered a long and prestigious family, they did not seem like it. In fact, they were hard to chase away.

On the entrance of the residence, First Madam Zhang held a stiff smile while letting her second sister-in-law's family enter the residence.

"Please enter."

This time, the family members who came also had Yang family's uncles and aunts, even their children. Such a big crowd, each person wearing brocade clothes and splendid ornaments, raised a commotion in the count residence.

The people who came to add dowry stared unblinking at the group of Yang family members.

This was Jiang Fourth Miss' maternal family.

Seeing the carts filled with dowry gifts entering the count residence one after another, they were all shocked. Were these dowry gifts? These were more than most noble ladies' dowries.

Jiang Ningbao stood in the courtyard and seeing the bronze boxes covering the ground, she was moved till her eyes turned slightly red. She did not think her uncle and his family would actually bring so many dowry gifts from the far away Xu Zhou Prefecture.

Ancient calligraphy, head ornaments, silks and satins, precious woods, precious fragrant material and medicine...these grand dowry gifts shocked the entire western courtyard.

Chun Xi's and Chun Le's eyes curved to a line.

At this time, there were sounds coming from the outside. Her older brother Jiang Jin's face was like spring breeze as he led their uncle and the others inside.

Yang family members had beautiful faces. The few uncles were like that, looking handsome and refined, even her cousins all had good looking faces.

Their aunts also were warm and elegant noble madams.

Once they entered the courtyard, they could see the soft and beautiful girl standing there elegantly. In the three years they had not seen each other, Jiang Ningbao became even more beautiful and charming.

The eyes of Yang family's uncle and aunts lit up and the eyes of the cousins were all filled with stunned and breathtaking light.

"Older cousin sister is very good looking."

The youngest female cousin could not help but exclaim and seeing everyone's gazes on her, her face flushed red in embarrassment and hid behind her older sister. This raised kind laughter.

Jiang Ningbao smiled with pursed lips and greeted each one of them with a smile. Her movements were elegant and her voice was pleasant to the ears, making other people feel like they were caressed by the spring breeze and just felt comfortable.

Yang family's uncles silently nodded their heads after seeing this.

Jiang Jin had on a proud face. His little sister Ningbao was the best.

Jiang Ningbao led her uncles and the rest to the lobby. Chun Xi and Chun Le, along with the other servant girls, immediately served tea and snacks.

The aunts pulled Jiang Ningbao to speak and she spoke all that should be said. She did not hide the things that the first branch and the old madam had done, especially when the old madam used her older brother's future to threaten her. Jiang Ningbao was like a fishbone stuck to the throat, she did not relent.

The uncles who heard this had frost flashing through the bottom of their eyes.

Old Madam Jiang had gone too far.

The older male cousin looking like he was twenty plus years old who was sitting beside Jiang Jin patted his shoulder in assurance as he smiled, "Cousin, don't worry. My father will move to the capital in three months to hold a post. By then, we will all move to the capital."

Their oldest uncle moving to the capital to hold a post was a pleasant surprise. Jiang Jin and Jiang Ningbao revealed happy smiles at the same time.

The Yang family saw the gazes of the two siblings and their hearts felt pity.

Suddenly, a coughing sound rang out.

Jiang Ningbao looked over and it came from their third uncle's family's Older Cousin Chen who was using a handkerchief to cover his coughing mouth. His handsome face was pale and there was a hidden abnormal green.

Her third uncle looked worried and her third aunt immediately stood up and walked over. She carefully patted her son's back but her heart was loathing herself. If she had realized the abnormality of that old servant sooner, her Chen'er would not be poisoned.

The smiles on the cousins' faces were retracted and they all looked at Yang Chen with worry.

Yang Chen actually could not tag along on this trip, but a high monk was suddenly visited and said that Yang Chen's benefactor was in the capital. As long as he went to the capital, there was hope for recovery.

Hence, the Yang Family took Yang Chen along.