Chapter Eighty Eight

A moment later, Chun Xi spoke.

"Lady, Duke Ding's personal guard delivers a letter for you."

"Wait a moment."

Jiang Ningbao was happy. It was as if she heard the voice from heavens and her heart was blooming flowers.

She immediately rose from the bathtub and dried herself. She put on a clean and elegant sleeping dress as her moist hair fell to her waist, her pair of beautiful eyes were shining like diamonds.

"Lady, you're very good looking." Chun Xi could not help but praise.

"What a sweet mouth."

Jiang Ningbao teased her in a good mood. She held her sleeping attire and walked out of the room with anticipation. She opened the letter with a heart bursting with joy. But when she read the four big words on the letter, it was as if cold water doused her body.

I've read it. Agreed.

Could Duke Ding think that he was sorting out documents? Jiang Ningbao was completely speechless. Duke Ding was really a wooden blockhead. As she wanted to keep the letter, her eyes fell on the recipient.

Your most beloved fiance, Xie Heng.

Jiang Ningbao's heart felt like it was soaked in warmth. She felt happy and her brows had smiles on it. She did not think that the ice cold Duke Ding would have such a cute side.

Chun Xi and Chun Le were curious to what Duke Ding wrote in the letter that let their young miss this happy.

"Remember to prepare. We will go to Duke Ding Residence tomorrow."

Jiang Ningbao threw these words and sat on the chair with a good mood as the two servants helped to dry her hair.

Chun Xi widened her eyes and the hand wiping the hair halted. She asked in curiosity.

"Lady, are you going to see the male master tomorrow in the duke residence?"

Chun Le heard Chun Xi called Duke Ding as 'male master' and her eyes turned wide. There was shock and bewilderment in her eyes. Her lady.....lady was not married yet.

Jiang Ningbao glanced at them and spoke with slyness, "That's right. Duke Ding approved of it" And wasn't it approved? Once she thought of the duke's reply on the writing was the four words 'I've read it. Agreed,', Jiang Ningbao's heart felt cold.

Tonight, Jiang Ningbao had a nice dream and a good night sleep but Duke Ding Xie Heng once again had trouble sleeping.

The night was silent at Duke Ding Residence's ancestral hall.

Xie Jingyi who had not gone to sleep heard his male servant describing the marriage decree at day and the grand scene of his adopted father proposing on the rush cushion. His clear eyes rippled.

"Heir, in the future, Jiang fourth miss will get married into the residence and would give birth to the duke's children, if....." the male servant muttered and mumbled with a face filled with worry.

Jiang fourth miss was sir heir's ex-fiancee. Who knew if she hated sir heir in her heart?

Xie Jingyi glanced at the male servant and cut him off with his cold tone, "Duke Ding Residence originally belongs to my adopted father. The duke position should be inherited by adopted father's biological child."

The male servant's face stiffened, "But.....but heir, you're already adopted under the duke and if the duke had no children, you would have the chance to inherit the position."

"In the future, don't call me this, call me young master." Xie Jingyi spoke deeply. There was no undulation in his voice. No matter whether he inherited the position of duke or not, he was still a member of the Xie family.

He had his own pride and honor.

The male servant's implied words, how could Xie Jingyi not heard it?

But he chose to reject.

The male servant was shocked and still struggled, "Doesn't the old madam tacitly acknowledge that you are Duke Ding Residence's heir?"

"Without the emperor's recognition, the title of heir is just false and could be replaced anytime." Xie Jingyi's face was indifferent. There were servants who wanted to suck up to him and called him heir, he told them to correct themselves but after getting grandmother's tacit agreement, the servants all called him Heir Xie.

Slowly, the commoners in the capital also called him Heir Xie.

Now, the calling of Heir Xie became his binding.

In the future, his adopted father would have his own children and the title of heir would only be a laughingstock.

The male servant went silent and spoke carefully, "If you don't have the position of heir, won't Miss Yang be looked down upon by others?" The heir liked Miss Yang, he might protect his heir position for Miss Yang, right?

Xie Jingyi's cold and handsome face softened, "Shuqing won't mind this kind of false thing. I am now a five city military forces commander and I will have a promotion in the future. Maybe this was because of the duke residence, but I can do this job well."

Male servant: "....."

Was it really like that?

As a trusted male servant, he was strong in reading others. As Anyuan Marquis' oldest legitimate daughter, Miss Yang had high status, but he saw the ambition in her eyes. She was not the same kind of person as Jiang fourth miss.

The process of sir heir and Miss Yang getting to know each other, the male servant knew it clearly. At this moment, he could not help but have a suspicion of whether or not Miss Yang dressed up as a male to get close to sir heir.

Since sir heir always kept a distance with females.

Now that Miss Yang and sir heir had gotten engaged, the male servant only hoped that Miss Yang really liked sir heir and not sir heir's position.