Chapter Four

Duke Ding Residence's Butler Zhao was a lean middle aged man. Seeing from his straight back and the steady steps with hidden sharp killing intent, it was not hard to see that he was someone who had went to the battlefield.

If it weren't for the experience in her past life, Jiang Ningbao would not sense that this refined-looking Butler Zhao had killing intent that was not worn out yet. She then thought of that famous Duke Ding whom she had never met, male lead Xie Jingyi's adopted father. Talking about Duke Ding, no one in Dayue Dynasty did not know of him.

He was also someone Jiang Ningbao respected the most.

He was still twenty eight years old, but already became Dayue's war deity whose fame spread all over.

This kind of man who protected his country and a man with steel bones... Who would've thought that two years later, he would die from a hidden injury when he was at the prime of his life.

Male lead Xie Jingyi then became the new Duke Ding.

Jiang Ningbao thought of the memory of a transmigrator she got when she first woke up and lightly rubbed the ruby bracelet she wore. She pursed her lips and sunk into deep thought.

"Old Madame, this Zhao visited today for the matter of the heir's and Jiang fourth miss' engagement." Butler Zhao was no doubt someone who had went to battle. He did not beat around the bush and directly point to the crux of the issue.

Once these words were heard, the hall sunk into silence.

Old Madame Jiang's heard thumped and a foreboding feeling arose. She looked at her granddaughter Jiang Ningbao and asked, "What does Butler Zhao meant?"

First madame's handkerchief was twisted and wrung as she push down the discomfort in her heart and smiled, "Butler Zhao, my niece is already sixteen. May I ask when will the esteemed heir marry my niece?"

Jiang Ningbao curbed her thought and her eyes looked indifferently to Butler Zhao.

Butler Zhao thought of the heir's adamant attitude in disbanding the engagement and frowned slightly. He sighed in his heart and felt pity for Jiang fourth miss.

"This Zhao was entrusted by the heir to disband the engagement between the heir and Jiang fourth miss."

.

Note: Someone asked how can the FL and the ML get together when the difference in their status is sooo large. There are two reasons – actually, there's only one main reason – and here's a friendly hint: in ancient China, ML's age is already counted as a very old bachelor since they marry young. But why didn't the emperor and ML's mom bestow him a wife?

Well, the answer will come in a few chapters so look forward to it!