Chapter Ninety Eight

The flower admiring banquet Queen Rui held was in the hundred flowers garden. It was now the season of blooming flowers and hundreds of flowers bloomed in the hundred flowers garden, making people feel happy.

There were five big wayside pavilion in the hundred flowers garden. One wayside pavilion could accommodate more than thirty people.

Good looking male and female servants carried plates as they came and went in the small road among the sea of flowers, giving a person the impression that flowers were beautiful but the person was even more beautiful.

There was also the sound of flute, bamboo, and singing voice.

In the hundred flowers garden, the figures were lithe and graceful, noble ladies whose bearing was dignified led servants to admire flowers. Some noble sons, official sons admired the beauty as they drank wine while some others were talking to the girls.

Once little king Xiao Ran arrived at the hundred flowers garden, he immediately attracted the gazes of the people, especially the bunch of different beauties behind him, making others' eyes shone. Time to time, there were a few males who exchanged greetings familiarly with the little king.

There were not a few gazes that fell on Jiang Ningbao and Jiang Mingyao that carried uncertainty.

Little king Xiao Ran led Jiang Ningbao and the others to the center wayside pavilion in the hundred flowers garden. The big wayside pavilion had wollen blanket and on it were a few tea table and low stools. On the tea table, there were papaya and snacks.

There were already a few noble ladies in the big wayside pavilion, chatting as they let out clear and melodious laughter from time to time. When seeing little king Xiao Ran leading the two unfamiliar faces, Jiang Ningbao and Jiang Mingyao, they smiled slightly at them and were polite and decent.

Jiang Ningbao gave them a friendly smile.

She was thinking that these were the true noble ladies, well-bred ladies. Every knit of the brows, every smile, every action and moves were polite and decent, not giving others the impression of high and mighty and any uncomfortable feeling.

"Jiang fourth miss, you stay here first, Young master will take them to the other side." Little king Xiao Ran's plum blossom eyes slightly carried dislike as he looked at Jiang Yue.

Zhang Zhan's demeanor was elegant as he thanked the little king. His heart could not help but feel a trace of thirst and excitement. The ones attending this admiring flower banquet were the real well-bred ladies from illustrious families and noble ladies.

If he could get a noble lady's favor.....Zhang Zhan's heart was ready to start wriggling though his face did not show it. A beast in human clothing was talking about his kind of person.

Jiang Ningbao also smiled, "I'll be troubling the little king."

"Jiang fifth miss, your fiance, Xie Jinghui, is also here, at that big wayside pavilion. You can go there to develop some feelings with him, or should this young master call him here?" Little king Xiao Ran looked at Jiang Mingyao and pointed in a direction.

Jiang Mingyao's cool face showed how she was stunned and at a loss. She pursed her lips and her voice was cool, "Thanking little king's kind offer, no need."

Little king Xiao Ran saw this and did not say anything.

Jiang fifth miss was indeed a beauty and a cold beauty, but the little king had no interest in beauties who already had engagements.

Jiang Ningbao smiled and asked another matter, "Little king, when will the admiring flower banquet start?"

Before little king Xiao Ran answered, a clear and melodious voice of a woman rang, "Jiang fourth miss, the flower admiring banquet starts the moment you step into the hundred flower garden."

Jiang Ningbao was stunned and she looked at the woman who was talking. The woman seemed to be fifteen to sixteen years old, wearing an apricot colored silk skirt. Her brows were exquisite and her skin was white. She was smiling as she looked at Jiang Ningbao.

It was obvious that she knew who Jiang Ningbao was from the little king's conversation.

"That's right. Miss Fu's words are correct. Jiang fourth miss, everytime this master's queen mother holds a banquet, it's actually a big gathering. There is no talent and skill show and no need for making poems and painting. It's fine as long as everyone's happy. Of course, you can leave a head of time. You can leave or stay as you please."

Little king Xiao Ran spoke as he smiled.

Jiang Ningbao thanked him politely and thought that wasn't this the ancient version of high-class blind date gathering? Well-bred young ladies, noble and official sons gathered and if they liked each other, they might propose.

No wonder the banquet Queen Rui held would make others scrabbles madly.

But the legal daughters who got the invitations would more or less carry the concubine daughters to participate so there would be various incidents.

After little king Xiao Ran led Jiang Yue and Zhang Zhan and left, Jiang Ningbao and Jiang Mingyao sat on their own seat and the few well-bred ladies introduced themselves.

They did not look down on Jiang Ningbao because she was only Changning Count Residence's legal daughter from the second branch and did not think highly of her because she was Duke Ding's fiance. IT gave Jiang Ningbao a comfortable feeling.

Jiang Ningbao finally knew that this Miss Fu's name was Fu Wanning, the legal granddaughter of the left minister and she could not help but be surprised. This Miss Fu Wanning was the guifei from a prominent family that the female lead wanted vengeance on.

After self introduction, Fu Wanning asked with curiosity, "Jiang fourth miss, I heard that you can get close to Duke Ding, is it true?" The few noble ladies by the side also had a curious face.

Jiang Ningbao smiled as she nodded, "Yes, perhaps, my life trajectory is a bit special."

This was agreed by the present ladies.

The noble ladies were curious and feared Dayue Dynasty's war deity Duke Ding, and could not help but ask a lot of things about Duke Ding.

"Duke Ding is very good, he's very filial." Jiang Ningbao spoke of Duke Ding, Xie Heng. She thought of the silly heart-sickness matter he did and the time when they spar. Her brows and eyes were all smiles.

The eyes of the present noble ladies lit up. It seemed that this Jiang fourth miss really liked Duke Ding.

Jiang Mingyao silently heard the conversation between her fourth sister and the few noble ladies. At this time, a youth who had a clear appearance stepped into the wayside pavilion with two guards.

"May I ask which one is Jiang fifth miss?" The clear looking youth's gaze fell on Jiang Mingyao and Jiang Ningbao's two unfamiliar faces as he asked clearly.

Jiang Mingyao's looked at him coolly and knitted her brow, "I am, may I ask who you are?"

"I'm called Xie Jinghui, your fiance. If you have the time, can we walk outside?" The clear youth saw that the cool girl was his fiance and invited her with a slight smile.

Jiang Mingyao hesitated and looked back at her fourth sister. Jiang Ningbao only smiled and did not make the decision for her, only staying silent. In the end, Jiang Mingyao stood to follow Xie Jinghui.

The few people in the wayside pavilion all left the wayside pavilion one by one to admire flowers and meet up with a talented youth. Jiang Ningbao and Fu Wanning felt comfortable with each other and went to admire flowers together.

Chun Xi and Chun Le followed behind.

The more she talked with Fu Wanning, Jiang Ningbao felt that Fu Wanning was a smart and magnanimous girl. She thought of her older brother Jiang Jin who was eighteen but have yet to have an engagement. If Fu Wanning was her sister-in-law, then it would be great.

A pity that the difference between the two families was big. Jiang Ningbao could only bury this in her heart. But when they were talking, she also praised her own big brother.

Fu Wanning knew this but did not point it out, only heard it while smiling slightly.

Jiang Ningbao stopped before going too far.