Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Eight

Embroider Zhang and her four attendants went back to the palace after completing their task. Old Madam Xie waved as she let the two people leave. Duke Ding personally escorted Jiang Ningbao to the gates of the residence and saw her going into the carriage.

Chun Xi and Chun Le followed behind as they looked at the box carried by the black clothed personal guards once in a while. The smiles on their faces did not leave for a long time.

On the road back, Chun Xi and Chun Le spoke with excitement that made Jiang Ningbao shake her head when she saw this.

The wedding dress was embroidered and it was less than ten days until the marriage date. Jiang Ningbao planned to speak to her grandmother about the matter of increasing dowry later, lest her grandmother forgot about this.

Noble lady marrying could not skip the step of adding dowry.

In the Dayue Dynasty, choosing the dowry was usually five days before marriage.

All these needed preparation.

Lately, Yang Shuqing was busy paying attention to Jiang Ningbao. Knowing that she went to Duke Ding Residence and linking it to Embroider Zhang's presence in Duke Ding Residence, Yang Shuqing's pretty face sank suddenly.

Jiang Ningbao's wedding dress was embroidered.

Once she thought of the embroidery on Jiang Ningbao's wedding dress and then thought of the embroidery on her own wedding dress, Yang Shuqing's heart felt stifled. Who did not want to get married in a grand way?

Xie Jingyi invited a master to help embroider her wedding dress. Because Xie Jingyi was not the official heir of Duke Ding Residence and his official position was sixth rank official, her wedding dress could only skip a rank, embroidering fifth rank rosy clouds mandarin duck pattern.

In her previous life, Yang Shuqing married King Jin as the side concubine. The side concubine of a king had ranks. Yang Shuqing's wedding dress was embroidered with a long-tail pheasant bird pattern. In this life, hers was only mandarin duck. The difference was big.

Yang Shuqing naturally felt not resigned. She was the oldest daughter of the Anyuan Marquis Residence. Living once more, not only her wedding became lower, even her the rules of her wedding dress lowered.

Jiang Ningbao was still able to be wed grandly.

Yang Shuqing felt stifled and irritated. If Xie Jingyi was the official heir of Duke Ding Residence, then it would be good.

Jiang Ningbao did not know the feeling of not resigning in Yang Shuqing's heart. Once she arrived in Changning Count Residence, she stored her wedding dress and after asking the date of adding dowry, she continued to learn from the two old servants.

As for her dowry, Changning Count Residence's reaction was as Jiang Ningbao expected. Old Madam Jiang said that the residence won't prepare for her dowry. Her mother, Madam Yang's, dowry that she left behind was enough.

Jiang Ningbao did not feel dissatisfied, or even feeling not resigned or hurt.

The list of her dowry was already prepared from ten days ago. The one Hundred and eight chests Duke Ding gave at that time, lessened by eight chests and added with the dowry Jiang Ningbao prepared for herself, the total was one hundred and fifty more chests. It was way more than what was stated in the rules.

Not only that, the additional dowry had not been added.

Jiang Ningbao felt a bit of headache. The dowry was too much so she could only let Chun Xi and Chun Le combine the dowry to become one hundred and twenty four chests.

Three days later, the day of dowry addition arrived and Changning Count Residence was filled with a joyous atmosphere with red silks everywhere.

No matter the nobles of the capital or the commoners, from street to street, they all discussed the Duke and Jiang fourth miss. The mass speculated that Duke Ding would definitely have a grand wedding for Jiang fourth miss.

In this happy atmosphere, Changning Count Residence and Xie Family's second branch suddenly sent all friends and relatives a wedding invitation card with a moved date.

The crowd was stunned gapping.

The two cousins would be wed on the same day.

This news traveled fast and not until half a day, it spread all over the capital. The commoners were in an uproar. There was precedent of sisters getting married on the same day, but Duke Ding's position was very above and his position in the hearts of the commoners were very high.

His wedding was the anticipation of many.

His fiancee's maternal house suddenly made such a thing and the crowd felt revolted. In their hearts, they pity Jiang fourth miss very much.

After Yang Shuqing got this news, she laughed with vigor as her tears came out. This move of Changning Count Residence's first branch really did not disappoint her.

Old Madam Jiang was biased to the first branch as in the rumors.

There would be a good show tomorrow on the day of adding the dowry.