Chapter Seventeen

Jiang Mingyao came in alone and when she saw the shredded pages of a book on the floor, her face showed her stunned emotion. She looked the the shredded pages and found out that the book was Woman Commandment.

Thinking back to her meeting old servant Yang on her way here, Jiang Mingyao's heart sunk and she pursed her lips. Her cool voice carried a trace of apology.

"Fourth sister, I'm sorry."

Jiang Ningbao smiled and gestured her to come closer then poured her some tea.

"Fifth sister, it's no your fault, don't worry too much. This is the spring tea Manager Yao sent over, you should try it."

Jiang Mingyao sat in front of Jiang Ningbao and sipped the tea. The slight bitterness entered her throat. She glanced at fourth sister's tranquil face and her unsettled heart became calm. She then spoke in a low voice.

"Fourth sister, grandmother and my mother favored Xie family's second branch's legitimate second son, Xie Jinghui. They want me.....they want me to get married to him."

"But I'm not willing."

"I don't want to step on fourth sister and get married to Xie Jinghui."

Jiang Ningbao already knew Madam Zhang's calculations from the book. 'Jiang Ningbao' did not agree to the engagement annulment no matter what but First Madam secretly formed an agreement with Duke Ding Residence and forcefully annulled the engagement.

All the benefits were reaped by Madam Zhang.

But now that she agreed to the annulment but was not willing to be the heir's little sister, also declaring that she wanted to marry Duke Ding, their calculations went off.

First Madam Zhang and Old Madam Jiang must be furious.

But fifth sister's destiny was still the same. Fifth sister being bound to Xie family's second branch was imperative.

"Fifth sister, Xie Jinghui this guy, as long as you don't cross his bottom line, he's not bad." Jiang Ningbao spoke softly, stating the fact.

No matter how hateful Madam Zhang was, fifth sister was innocent.

Jiang Ningbao was not the kind of person to drag innocent people into her vengeance.

The book's Xie Jinghui had some feelings toward Jiang Mingyao. As long as Jiang Mingyao rectify her attitude and not distanced herself from him because of guilt, then got schemed by another that caused Xie Jinghui to wear down his feeling toward her. She might even be happy with him.

Sometimes, a little change could make the whole picture different.

Jiang Mingyao was stunned. She lifted her eyes to look at the smiling fourth sister and slowly asked, "Fourth sister, you.....you're not mad?"

"Why should I get mad? I'm just a niece and you are oldest aunt's biological daughter. Who she gets close to, isn't it obvious? I've said, right? I admire Duke Ding. Even if I die getting married to him, I won't regret it." Jiang Ningbao smiled and the smile carried gentleness that belonged to a girl.

This was actually not true. Jiang Ningbao was someone who cherished her life in this lifetime.

She carried an undying body type and aside from dying from old age or committing suicide, she won't die like a weed that won't die from being burnt. Her life-force was so strong it was shocking. This was why she could think about Duke Ding. If they met and he was to her liking, Jiang Ningbao did not mind chasing after him.

Old Madam Xie should not be a challenge.

As for whether or not Duke Ding agree, Jiang Ningbao did not care.

She would get him one day.

Jiang Ningbao was being domineering and confident.

Jiang Mingyao looked at fourth sister in shock. She suddenly felt that fourth sister's smile was very beautiful.

"Fourth sister, Duke Ding is a very dangerous person. Don't play around with your life just for getting even."

Jiang Ningbao just smiled at this but the determination in her eyes was seen by Jiang Mingyao. Jiang Mingyao was very worried and just when she was about to speak, Jiang Ningbao warmly patted her hand, "Fifth sister, this relates to my happiness. I have my own plan, don't you worry."

Jiang Mingyao could only carry her guilt as she left.

The courtyard became silent.

Jiang Ningbao took a pile of accounting books as she sipped her tes. She slowly looked it over while the tiny rays of warm sunlight peeked from the window, shining on the table. The atmosphere was bright and warm.

First Madam Zhang who was in the central courtyard received old servant Yang's report and she was furious. She suddenly smashed the teacup in her hand and spoke with a sunken face, "Good, very good! Fourth girl is very disobedient. When this engagement is successfully canceled, I will take care of her!"

Old servant Yang heard this and her old face showed joy. She fanned the oil by saying, "Madam is right. Fourth miss' marriage is in your hands."

Old servant Yang was a venomous person.

She was just a servant so even if she hated the second branch, she could not do things in the open, only doing some things in the dark. Only the first madam could get rid of the fourth miss.

First Madam Zhang smiled coldly, "Fourth girl recklessly declared wanting to get married to Duke Ding. See if she had that destiny! It's good if she's dead but if she isn't, then I will find her a 'good' marriage."

Old servant Yang was happy.