Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Six

Early in the morning, Xie family's second branch sent someone to tell that the marriage of the fifth granddaughter and Xie Jinghui was changed to the first of fifth month, the same marriage date as the fourth granddaughter.

Old Madam Jiang did not even think before agreeing.

The day the fourth granddaughter got married, it would be grand and magnificent. The fifth granddaughter and the fourth granddaughter were blood related cousins and the ladies of Changning Count Residence, she could bask in the fourth granddaughter's light.

Once Jiang Ningbao arrived at Golden Longevity Hall, she saw Old Madam Jiang and Jiang Mingyao, her heart was surprised and bewildered. Could it be that she guessed wrong? Jiang Ningbao thought of this and greeted politely with a melodious voice.

"Greeting grandmother."

Jiang Mingyao greeted her in a distant manner and averted her gaze.

Old Madam Jiang sipped her tea and seeing the interactions of the two granddaughters, her brows knitted slightly. She took in the appearance of the fourth granddaughter and the more she saw her, the more pleasant to the eyes Jiang Ningbao was. She smiled in satisfaction and asked purposely, "Fourth girl, I heard you took back two old servants to the residence?"

"Yes, grandmother." Jiang Ningbao's lips curved slightly and nodded with a smile. She did not say anything about the two old servants.

Old Madam Jiang looked at Jiang Ningbao deeply. This fourth granddaughter was not arrogant or rash and could hold in her temper. No matter which lady invited the educative old servants from the palace, it was a very envious thing.

The fourth granddaughter smiled with magnificence and did not become smug and did not get excited or show off.

"It's all because grandmother is too happy about the marriages of you two and forgot to give fourth girl educative old servant. Fortunately, the duke residence did not. Right, fourth girl, there are two embroiders who are good with their hands. You can hand over your wedding dress to them. Later on, I will call them to take your measures."

Old Madam Jiang smiled with an amiable face.

Jiang Ningbao smiled coldly in her heart. Old Madam Jiang finally remembered that she was also about to get married. A pity, she no longer needed Changning Count Residence's help in preparing. Jiang Ningbao smiled lightly and bowed to Old Madam Jiang, "Thanking grandmother for the concern, but granddaughter's wedding dress is already handed to someone else and won't be needing the embroiders in the residence."

"Prosperous! Fourth girl, you must have invited that embroiderer outside. The good embroiders had all been invited to the residences of noble families, how can there be any for you? Cancel the order immediately! Let the embroiders in the residence make your wedding dress." Old Madam Jiang was stunned at first and then rebuked with a frown.

"Fourth sister, grandmother is right. The skill of the embroiderers in the residence is better." Jiang Mingyao suddenly spoke.

Jiang Ningbao smiled slightly, "Grandmother, the one making granddaughter's wedding dress is not embroider from outside, but the embroider Old Madam Xie invited from the palace."

Old Madam Jiang's hand that was holding the teacup trembled and her eyes were filled with shock. Her voice unconsciously raised, "You say that the palace embroider is making your wedding dress?"

Jiang Mingyao also abruptly looked at the fourth sister.

Palace embroiderers, even a small one, had better skill than the embroiders outside.

"That's right, grandmother." Jiang Ningbao kept smiling.

Old Madam Jiang could not help but laugh loudly and spoke 'good' several times. It was obvious that she was happy. She looked at the fifth granddaughter that she doted on and her heart stirred.

"Fourth girl, you and fifth girl are cousins and are ladies of Changning Count Residence. Why don't you let your palace embroider also embroider the fifth girl's dress, what do you think?"

"Grandmother, the embroiders in the residence are skilled. No need to bother fourth sister." Jiang Mingyao was shocked and looked at her fourth sister in guilt as she rejected with a clear voice.

"Grandmother, the one helping granddaughter making the wedding dress is the embroiderer who specially makes the emperor's robes, not just an ordinary palace embroiderer. Please understand that granddaughter cannot make this choice." Jiang Ningbao spoke in a faint voice. She was not surprised in the slightest that Old Madam Jiang could request that of her. A pity that Old Madam Jiang would be disappointed.

Jiang Mingyao looked at her fourth sister with a complicated gaze and at the same time, released a breath.

Hong Xing and the other servants in Golden Longevity Hall were all surprised.

"So it's not an ordinary palace embroider. It's grandmother who did not think it through. Let's not discuss this anymore."

Old Madam Jiang's face changed and immediately covered up this matter. She did not think that the palace embroiderer who made fourth granddaughter's wedding dress would be the embroiderer who also made the emperor's robes. Without any title and without the emperor's permit, who would dare to invite Embroider Zhang to make a wedding dress? It was all because of Duke Ding's authority.

Jiang Ningbao smiled faintly, "Granddaughter understands."

Old Madam Jiang drank a mouthful of nerve calming tea and looked at the fourth granddaughter deeply. She changed the topic, "Fourth girl, I heard that the two old servants you brought are from the palace. Fifth girl's marriage date is close to yours so why don't you let fifth girl also get educated by the two servants with you?"

Embroider Zhang helped to make the emperor's imperial robes and fourth granddaughter could not decide this matter. The two old servants were from the palace but they were staying at Changning Count Residence. They should be able to also teach the fifth girl.

But right now, she could not tell fourth girl that fifth girl's marriage date was moved forward and would get married on the same day as her.

Old Madam Jiang had things all planned out.

Jiang Ningbao smiled coldly in her heart. She looked at Jiang Mingyao whose face was flushed with shame and her beautiful face had on a faint smile. She rejected in a calm voice.

"Granddaughter does not agree."