Chapter Seventy Nine

Seeing her niece waving at her, Madam Zhang almost vomited blood and her chest heaved up and down, as if she was about to faint. This shocked the servant girls by her side as they immediately supported her and gave her nerve calming tea.

After the first madam's carriage left, Jiang Ningbao greeted her oldest uncle and slightly nodded her head toward Jiang Mingyao. She turned and went back to her own courtyard with quick and light steps. Who knew that in the middle, she would meet her oldest male cousin Jiang Zhuo and Zhang Zhan.

"Fourth sister, what a coincidence. Are you going back to your courtyard?" Oldest male cousin Jiang Zhuo asked with a smile and led his cousin Zhang Zhan to block her road.

"Jiang fourth miss, we meet again." Zhang Zhan was dignified in appearance and his figure was tall. His brows carried a smile and he seemed suave, letting out an air belonging to a scholar.

Just because of his face, it was easy for little ladies to like.

The few concubine born daughters of the first branch were like that.

But he was not the type Jiang Ningbao liked. Jiang Ningbao was indifferent even toward the male lead Xie Jingyi who had that kind of superior looks and air and annulled the engagement just like that. Don't even mention this kind of weak scholar.

Especially when this weak scholar was a brute with impure motive.

Jiang Ningbao's brows knitted and her eyes flashed with a dark light. Her hands subconsciously rubbed the red whip on her hip. She suddenly felt that her hand was itching to do something.

Chun Xi stared nervously at the side. Vigilance filled her eyes.

"Oldest cousin, Sir Zhang, why are you here?" Jiang Ningbao smiled slightly and asked the obvious. This road was the road to her courtyard and the people around were little. These two blocked the road with her as the objective.

"We waited specially for fourth sister here." Jiang Zhuo's face was not bad but his aptitude was mundane. He had participated in many examinations but never passed. Fortunately, he was the oldest legal son so he would inherit the position of Changning Count.

Speaking of this, Jiang Ningbao seldom sees this oldest male cousin.

"Why does oldest cousin search for this little sister?" Jiang Ningbao squinted her bright eyes and asked softly.

"Cough, cough. Actually, this is nothing big. Fourth sister, what do you think of Cousin Zhan? He's from Dongping Count Residence and will inherit Dongping Count Residence one day. Not only that, Cousin Zhan is like a third brother, already having scholarly honor at a young age. He's also handsome and will participate in the provincial examination this year. He has a big chance to pass the provincial imperial examination."

Jiang Zhuo seemed to praise Zhang Zhan without holding back, but his heart felt stifled.

Although the two were similarly degrading count residences, Changning Count Residence was much better than Dongping Count Residence. His fifth sister was engaged to Xie family's second branch and his oldest sister was married into a marquis residence, although she was not the wife of the heir, but her husband was the legal sibling with the heir. The concubine born second sister and third sister married into rich merchant families. It could be said that the first branch was rising.

Dongping Count Residence only had one Zhang Zhan. No one knew if he could handle the count residence.

If it weren't for his mother secretly helping her maternal family, Dongping Count Residence would have long lost its face.

In front of Zhang Zhan, Jiang Zhuo had a sense of superiority.

"Jiang fourth miss, from the first time I saw you, I like you. Are you willing to be my wife?" Zhang Zhan's voice was clear and his pair of eyes emit a trace of softness, giving others a subtle impression of deep feelings.

Chun Xi was speechless.

This Sir Zhang Zhan liked her lady?

Jiang Ningbao smiled faintly as she heard her oldest male cousin boasting about Zhang Zhan and hearing Zhang Zhan's direct words, her white face was calm and there was no trace of being moved.

"Very sorry, Sir Zhang, we are not suitable. I like strong heroes like Duke Ding and not physically weak scholars."

"From ancient times, beauties are paired with heroes. A beauty like me, if married to a big hero, will be a much told tale."

Jiang Ningbao flicked her hair and smiled softly as she spoke with a look of yearning.

Chun Xi: "....."

Physically weak. Lady, were you sure that these words were not stabbing Sir Zhang's heart? Could you not see that his smile almost fell off?

Chun Xi roasted in her heart.

Jiang Zhuo's hands trembled. He had never thought that the weak and soft fourth sister would be this.....making others this speechless. He looked at his Cousin Zhang and could not help but felt schadenfreude.

Weak scholar, physically weak.....