Chapter Sixty Nine

Once First Madam Zhang took the sutra, she secretly felt a little uncomfortable, though she did not put it in mind. Without disappointing Jiang Ningbao's anticipation, she opened it once the sutra was in her hands.

Things happened once she opened the sutra.

A gloomy and horrifying aura dispersed from inside the sutra. First Madam Zhang was the one who got impacted the most, tyrannical and cold ominous energy attacked into her body.....

Her body instantly became ice cold, as if there was something in her body wreaking havoc.

"Aa, what ghostly thing is this? How cold, how painful....."

Madam Zhang trembled and the blood on her face receded. Her eyes were filled with horror and her blue lips let out a scared scream. She threw the sutra in her hand far away.

The sutra fell with a 'pah' sound.

Jiang Ningbao had already known that the ominous energy in the sutra won't be able to make one lose their reasoning or become an idiot.

But ominous energy entering the body would make the body turn cold and weak. The whole person would be easily angered and the temper would be bad.

That was why she did not prevent her oldest aunt from digging her grave.

The people in the hall saw this situation and they were all shocked until their souls left their body. They all staggered backward with faces filled with fear.

The sutra that was thrown away was still open. The cold and tyrannical energy in the words dispersed out and Old Madam Jiang who was supported by Hong Xing was affected. She could not help but trembled coldly as she covered her heart with discomfort, and then she called out in anxiety.

"Fourth girl, quickly close the sutra."

Jiang Ningbao made a sound of consent and lowered her eyes that flashed with a trace of satisfaction. She walked fast to where the sutra was and picked it up. The strange thing was when the sutra was still open and Jiang Ningbao picked it up, the ominous energy did not leak even a bit.

Jiang Ningbao did not notice this.

"Grandmother, oldest aunt, the Buddhist sutra is already closed. The ominous energy won't disperse anymore."

Duke Ding copied sutra to cleanse the ominous energy on his body so the words on the sutra contained dense ominous energy, but compared to the ominous energy of Duke Ding who wore the purple wooden Buddhist bracelet, it was still a lot lighter.

Women's body constitution belonged to the cold category and they were sensitive to cold ominous energy, especially women whose body was not fit. They were vulnerable to the impact of the ominous energy.

First Madam Zhang was the nearest to the sutra and was the first to get attacked. Her body contained the most ominous energy, she might be heavily sick later on. She also needed to supplement her body with hot nature things to compensate for the imbalance. Old Madam Jiang was only brushed by the ominous energy so she might have some small sicknesses for a few days, but she would be fine.

The curtain in the hall was open for ventilation and not long later, the ominous energy was gone. Madam Zhang who was still shocked was trembling with chattering teeth as she was supported by old servant Yang. Her hair was a bit messy and her body was drenched as if she had just gotten out of soaking in the bathtub. Her eyes still had the fear that had not receded.

At this moment, Madam Zhang regretted it very much.

The sutra Duke Ding made was indeed not something anyone could read. Her eyes looked as if they were dipped in poison as she looked at Jiang Ningbao. It was this niece that made her be a laughingstock in front of the servants.

A servant girl who had good discretion presented two bowls of calming nerves tea.

"Old madam, madam, please drink the calming nerves tea to suppress shock."

Old Madam Jiang's face was like murky water. She received the tea Hong Xing held and drank it fast. After drinking it, she felt better. First Madam Zhang also drank the tea and when the warmth of the tea entered her mouth, her ice cold body became a little warmer and her face turned better.

The two of them wanted to scold Jiang Ningbao. Their gazes settled on the sutra Jiang Ningbao held and their hearts trembled, afraid that she would open it in carelessness. Old Madam Jiang could only waved her hand to let her leave.

"Fourth girl, you go back first."

Old Madam Jiang now had trauma toward Buddhist sutra.

Jiang Ningbao's mouth flashed with a trace of undetectable smile. She saluted Old Madam Jiang and First Madam Zhang who were in a sorry state and left Golden Longevity Hall with light and quick steps.

After Jiang Ningbao left, Old Madam Jiang stared at the servants in the hall with an unfriendly expression, staying silent.

Madam Zhang was also like that.

Her face was dark and gloomy, her eyes were very scary.

The atmosphere was constrained and all servants had white faces as they trembled. They all knelt.

"Old madam, spare us!"

Not mentioning how the old madam would manage the servants inside Golden Longevity Hall, Chun Xi who was waiting outside saw her lady coming out and immediately came forward.

"Lady, are you alright?"

Outside the hall, Chun Xi could hear the scared exclaims inside the hall and could not help but ask in worry.

Jiang Ningbao smiled slightly, "I am fine." The ones who met with accidents were First Madam Zhang and Old Madam Jiang. The residence might be livelier in the few days ahead.

Chun Xi was confused.

On the road back to the courtyard, Jiang Ningbao's mouth curved upward and her whole body exuded a happy aura. She did not think that the sutra Duke Ding sent also had this kind of function, really.....really a pleasant surprise.

In the future, she could bring it with her everywhere.

Once <Vajracchedika-sutra> was out, who could compete with her?

The gazes the servants in Changning Count Residence used to look at Jiang Ningbao secretly held a trace of respect. Jiang Ningbao who was in a good mood did not care about this. The people in the residence were best at sailing with the biggest wind.

When they arrived back at the courtyard, Bai Mei and the other servants were already waiting. They greeted her with respect and Jiang Ningbao's smile turned faint. She waved her hand to dismiss them and once she was in the room, she put the sutra Duke Ding gave her in an empty box.

Chun Xi handed over a set of jewellery Old Madam Xie sent over.

Jiang Ningbao glanced at the delicate jewellery box and a soft warm smile was on her lips. Today was a good day. She must write a letter to tell her older brother.

When Jiang Ningbao was writing her letter, Changning Count Residence and Duke Ding Residence were not calm.