Chapter Seventy Three

"Master, is it really okay spreading such rumors?" A personal guard asked, feeling unsettled. He remembered that the little king was very interested in Oldest Miss Yang before, even had the intention of marrying Oldest Miss Yang as his legal wife.

Now he actually told his men to spread rumors that Oldest Miss Yang hindered her husband and that she and Heir Xie had known each other for a long time. The guard was a little confused with the little king's action.

Little King Xiao Ran laughed and cast a sidelong glance at the guard. He spoke carelessly.

"Real and fake, who knew? Just enjoy."

The guard was stunned and asked carefully, "Master, don't you like Oldest Miss Yang? This kind of rumor can hurt Oldest Miss Yang's reputation."

Little king Xiao Ran sipped his wine and his pretty peach blossom eyes flashed with a trace of gloominess. He laughed coldly, "Grandpa no longer likes her. There are many beautiful people, she's not the only one."

Yang Shuqing acted as if she was refusing him with stern righteousness but schemed him in the dark. Thinking of the things he did for her because he was interested, the little king felt that he was really blind.

If she asked for his help honestly, he would be happy to help, definitely not being schemed in the dark like this.

Once he thought that every time he helped her, it had high probability of the results of her schemes, little king Xiao Ran had no good feeling toward Yang Shuqing, he even secretly felt disgust.

Guard: "....."

"Talking about this, growing up, I've seen various beauties, but it's still Jiang fourth miss who suits my taste the most. A pity I can't do anything toward her. If not, I really want to propose to Changning Count Residence." Little king Xiao Ran's peach blossom eyes flashed with a trace of pity.

Saying this and that, the little king Xiao Ran who liked beauties still could not forget Jiang Ningbao who he had only met once.

Guard: "....."

The little king's backyard already had one hundred and seven beauties, still diligently collecting various beauties. If it weren't for King Rui Residence being big enough, how could it fit so many beauties?

Fortunately, the little king could not forget Jiang fourth miss. If not, the residence would have another addition of beauties. They, these personal guards who followed the little king to collect various beauties, were also very tired.

They were thankful for Jiang fourth miss. Having Jiang fourth miss, this gem, at the front, the little king's standard increased by a lot and many beauties could not enter his eyes. These few days they met a few beauties who wanted to climb onto the little king, the little king directly ignored them. Before, he won't refuse those who came to him.

Without Jiang Ningbao knowing it, she got the gratitude of the guards belonging to the little king.

.....

Changning Count Residence

First Madam Zhang suddenly became unwell, as her niece, Jiang Ningbao had to visit her. First Madam Zhang not welcoming her was one thing, but her etiquette could not leave a mistake to be discussed.

Before going out of the room, Jiang Ningbao changed her clothes to a simple but elegant flowering crabapple skirt with very light blue embroidery. Then, she took Chun Xi to the main courtyard.

Bai Mei and the other three servants silently stared at the fourth lady leaving, their hearts were anxious.

The task first madam gave them was not easy to do.

Fourth lady never trusted them and she only had Chun Xi as her servant girl. Every time she went out, she would lock the door and lock all important things. They had never seen such a cautious lady.

In the hall of the main courtyard, it was filled with people.

Changning Count Jiang Dongming, eldest male cousin Jiang Zhuo, second male cousin Jiang Yue, fifth sister Jiang Mingyao, and other concubine born brothers and sisters with their mothers.

What made Jiang Ningbao knit her brows was an unfamiliar man.

This man wore a blue gown and seemed to be eighteen or nineteen years old. He had fine features and appeared dignified. He was sitting with oldest male cousin Jiang Zhuo and seemed to be a relative of Changning Count Residence.

A few around twelve to thirteen concubine born sisters silently glanced at him from time to time with gazes carrying bashfulness.

Once Jiang Ningbao entered the hall, a few gazes settled on her, one of which belonged to the unfamiliar man. He fixedly stared at her white and delicate face with eyes that did not hide how attracted he was.

Jiang Ningbao knitted her brows and her eyes flashed with unhappiness.

This man's gaze was wanton.

"Niece greets the oldest uncle." Jiang Ningbao stepped forward and greeted Changning Count.

"Yes, sit down here."

Changning Count Jiang Dongming gave her a smile and his tone was genial. This niece was always making trouble recently. Changning Count did not like this niece very much. The only thing that comforted him was that after annulling her engagement, she still could cling onto Duke Ding Residence.

This made Changning Count give her special treatment and gave her a genial smile.

Jiang Ningbao's beautiful eyes flashed. This oldest uncle was someone who would work for profit.

He's actually giving her a genial smile.

How rare.

After her parents met with 'mishap', this oldest uncle never gave her or her older brother any smile. One New Year of other festivals, he would only indifferently say a few sentences. The treatment was vastly different compared to when her parents were there.

It seemed that Duke Ding Residence, this signboard, had really strong attraction.