Chapter Fifty

Old servant Huang was happy for the old madam.

"Congratulations, old madam. The duke will live to hundreds and have kids and grandchildren."

"That's right. The only regret is my body is frail. I don't know if I have the chance to see my biological grandchild to grow up." Old Madam Xie was very happy and could not help but felt a little greedy.

The main hall was silent.

Old servant Huang did not know how she should cheer the old madam up. She could only change the topic carefully and speak of happy things with Old Madam Xie. Around fifteen minutes later, Old Madam Xie had felt better.

At this moment, an old servant announced the arrival in front of the door of the main hall.

"Old madam, the duke and Jiang fourth miss arrived."

As the old servant said this, Old Madam Xie sat straight and tidied her dress nervously. She stared at the door of the main hall with eyes carrying worry. Her heart felt a little sour and longing, and there was more of the happiness for meeting her son soon.

Hearing Xie Qi's word, A'Heng's ominous energy worsened.

When Old Madam Xie was thinking randomly , Jiang Ningbao hugged a small delicate wine jar and entered Thriving Joy Hall at the same time as Duke Ding Xie Heng. Chun Xi and Butler Zhao were left outside and did not enter.

The man was tall and handsome, the female was delicate and beautiful.

They looked like a pair.

Old Madam Xie saw the two people entering at the same time and her eyes were lit up, especially when she saw the little lady wearing a light blue dress standing with her son. She revealed a happy smile.

After Duke Ding Xie Heng entered the main hall and went to the center, he stopped and did not walk forward. He gazed that the white haired Old Madam Xie from afar and his heart felt stifled. He subconsciously rubbed the buddhist bracelet he wore and he did his best to restrain the ominous energy.

Especially the thick ominous air stored in his pair of eyes.

Xie Heng did not dare to get near his mother, afraid that his ominous air would make it difficult for his mother.

Old Madam Xie was old. That year when she gave birth to Xie Heng, she was wounded and was always sickly. She looked older than the old noble madams her age.

"Mother!" Duke Ding Xie Heng moved his lips and stared deeply at Old Madam Xie then lowered his eyes and spoke the word with much difficulty.

Old Madam Xie saw that her son was standing that far from her and did not dare to look at her. She knew that her son was afraid of wounding her and her heart felt sour. Her pair of eyes greedily took in her son and there was a layer of tears glistening her eyes.

As a mother, how could she be afraid of her own son?

"A'Heng, you.....are you well?"

Xie Heng pulled the corners of his mouth, wanting to smile, but he realized that he could not so he hoarsely answered, "Son is alright, letting mother be worried."

"As long as you're alright, mother is happy," Old Madam Xie saw her son like this and her heart was stifled, but she still squeezed out a happy smile.

A'Heng's condition, Xie Qi would report once in a while. Old Madam Xie was clear on it and she understood the reason her son did not dare to go back to the residence.

He did not even dare to go back to his own home.

Old Madam Xie shed tears. The more she thought about it, the more the heartache. At last, she could not help but cry as old servant Huang tried to appease her on the side.

Duke Ding Xie Heng saw his mother crying and he wanted to go up and comfort his mother, but knowing his condition, he only gripped his fists and his thin lips were pursed into a line, not daring to go nearer.

Seeing this scene silently, Jiang Ningbao felt sour and sad.

So Duke Ding also had such a weak side.