Chapter Thirty Seven

He had unintentionally got the news that Jiang fourth miss was a rare beauty and was in the process of having her engagement annulled. Since there's a beauty with annulled engagement, the little king naturally became interested. If he liked her, then his harem may be one person larger.

So he took his guards and came here in anxious curiosity.

He wanted to shot her veiled hat away at first, but who knew that Jiang fourth miss had good reflexes and avoided his arrow. Although the process was different, he could still see Jiang fourth miss' real face.

The face of Jiang fourth miss was truly as the news said. Soft and gentle with special air, making the people in his harem seemed like fake powders. It made him want to kidnap her away.

A pity that this beauty vowed to get married with Duke Ding.

Little king Xiao Ran was not an idiot. Although he liked beauties, but he would not force them. If he dared to kidnap her and ruined her reputation, then his father king would break his legs tomorrow.

Being favored by his adopted son's ex-fiancee, no matter what Duke Ding was thinking, if he dared to go anything to Jiang fourth miss, it would be challenging Duke Ding Residence.

"Master, this servant just got the news that Duke Ding Residence's Butler Zhao said that Old Madam Xie is very satisfied with Jiang fourth miss." A guard reported while trembling in fear.

Little king Xiao Ran's face turned so dark, ink could be squeezed out of it. He was like a furious little lion, making others scared. He gritted his teeth and spoke with hatred.

"Investigate! Investigate who is scheming this grandpa!"

.....

On the road back to the residence, the carriage turned to a corner and suddenly stopped. The driver's voice rang.

"Fourth miss, there is a young master blocking the road."

Jiang Ningbao was stunned and opened the carriage's curtain to take a look. She saw a black horse with a handsome man with clear air who wore silk robes.

The man's face, Jiang Ningbao was very familiar.

This was her ex-fiance who was not willing to appear from the beginning to the end process of the engagement annulment. He was the book's male lead, Xie Jingyi.

Jiang Ningbao knitted her brows.

Why would Xie Jingyi block her carriage?

The two guards bowed to Xie Jingyi and guarded the carriage nervously on each side.

Jiang Ningbao did not left the carriage. Her pair of beautiful eyes met with her ex-fiance's cool ones.

Chun Xi recognized Heir Xie and she asked in a small voice with worry, "Lady, we've annulled the engagement, why is Heir Xie blocking our carriage?"

Jiang Ningbao slightly shook her head. "I don't know."

Her heart was silently guessing. Could it be that Xie Jingyi knew the conversation between her and the little king in front of the government office and wanted to warned her in person?

At this time, Xie Jingyi pressed the horse's stomach and went forward.

Jiang Ningbao's head flashed with many ideas, but when Xie Jingyi rose his horse over, she did not leave the carriage and only leaned on the window, giving him a polite smile with a tone of greeting, "Sir heir, it's been a long time!"

As if the two were old friends who did not meet for a long time.

There was not sadness or depression on her beautiful face from having her engagement annulled.

Xie Jingyi was stunned from her polite smile and his hands tightened his hold on the reins. There were complicated emotions and guilt on his face. "It's been a long time."

"Sir heir, is there something you need?"

Jiang Ningbao ignored the guilt on his face and asked calmly.

Not meeting for three years, Xie Jingyi who was the male lead became more good looking and got rid of his baby fat, turning more solemn and his air was more powerful.

Too bad he was someone who bit the hand that fed him.

"Jiang fourth miss, I've always think of you as a sister. As long as you agree, we can still be a family, you..... you don't need to take your life as a joke."

Xie Jingyi who was on the horse hesitated and spoke with his clear magnetic voice.

Jiang Ningbao realized why he was this way. It seemed that the conversation in front of the government office was heard by Heir Xie. She flicked her hair and had a faint smile on her lips.

"Hearing Heir Xie's words, I only want to say; Heir Xie, being my fiance for these years, it has wronged you."

"Good thing I don't want to be sir heir's little sister, please do not mention this again."

"My eight characters are very compatible with Duke Ding and the person suitable for Duke Ding. If sir heir cannot accept your ex-fiancee admiring your adopted father and feel humiliated, you can ignore it or intercept. It's all up to you."

"If sir heir has no other matter, please make way. The people in the residence must be waiting in worry."