Chapter Forty Three

Chun Xi's expression was not good. She really had no good impression on Xie family's second branch. Her lady mourned for three years and every year, there would be a lot of presents sent to Duke Ding Residence and Xie family's second branch, but Xie family's second mistress would send return gifts according to customs and it would be polite and distant.

What made her heart went cold was last year, when her lady had her fifteen years old coming of age ceremony, Xie second mistress did not even send a gift.

Chun Xi's heart ached for her lady.

"Since I've annulled my engagement with the heir, I have no relation to Xie second branch. There won't be any necessity to send gifts to Xie Residence." Jiang Ningbao spoke faintly and put down the invitation in her hand. She washed her hands using the water in the basin on the side and took a snack and ate it.

These past few years, she had already seen the selfish and snobbish nature of Xie second mistress.

If it weren't because she had an engagement with Xie Jingyi and did not want outsiders to nitpick at her fault, she would've stopped any relation with Xie second branch after her parents met with an accident.

Now was a good chance to cut everything off with Xie family's second branch.

Chun Xi was happy. Her lady finally did not need to have anything to do with the Xie family.

"Yes, lady."

"Chun Xi, these few days, do Bai Mei and the rest behave well?" As Jiang Ningbao ate pea-flour cake, she inquired about the four servants that just came.

"The four of them did things with good behavior and never entered the lady's room."

"Continue to keep your eyes on them."

Jiang Ningbao did not trust them. She always had only Chun Xi by her side and never let them serve her. Even when getting food from the main kitchen, it was always Chun Xi.

The four servants sent by Madam Zhang were arranged to do other things.

"Yes, lady."

Even if her lady did not say this, Chun Xi would also keep her eyes on them.

"Is there anything new going on in the capital these past three days?" After Jiang Ningbao ate a snack, she sipped her fragrance tea and asked about the gossip in the capital in interest.

Chun Xi shook her head. "Lady, there was nothing new going on these past two to three days. The whole capital is discussing your matter. You're already a famous person within the capital."

Saying this, Chun Xi was full of complaints.

"It's already been three days, how can Heir Xie still not propose to Anyuan Marquis Residence?"Jiang Ningbao did not care about the gossip about her. She felt it was strange. How could there still be no good news about the male and female lead?

As long as they made an engagement, then the capital would be in an uproar about them.

There were outstanding men around Yang Shuqing. No matter the past life's husband, King Jin, or King Qin, or the other kings, the ones of age already had wives. The female lead already swore that she won't be a concubine in this life, especially the imperial family.

Like this, Xie Jingyi who had a great background, was clean and had no woman in his harem, also the heir to Duke Ding Residence was the first choice.

The noble ladies who paid attention to him were countless.

She did not believe that Yang Shuqing won't grasp this chance that did not come easy.

The longer the time, the more the variables.

Chun Xi shook her head in confusion. "No."

Jiang Ningbao sat on the comfortable pillow and her lips curved to a smile, "Heir Xie annulled the engagement for Miss Yang, but he is not anxious to be engaged with Miss Yang. This is strange."

"That's right. Not only this servant felt curious, there are also messy rumors outside. But these rumors only flew for a short while before disappearing. Anyuan Marquis is bustling. I heard that a favored concubine mixed up the bloodline of the marquis and was caned to death."

"This kind of disgraceful matter is not suppressed, but becomes so bustling that everyone knows."

"But this still does not suppress the rumors related to the lady." After Chun Xi was happy, her expression was sullen.

Once Jiang Ningbao heard about this, she felt it was familiar and went through her memory. She immediately thought of a scene in the book.