Chapter Twenty Four

The people in the room were the two young misses and their servants. Jiang Ningbao lifted her hand and put her hat down, revealing her soft and delicate face. She led her servant Chun Xi to the seat. The jades on her waist collided, creating a clear sound that complement her goose yellow and white magnolia dress, appearing moving and pity evoking.

Yang Shuqing saw Jiang Ningbao's face and she frowned subconsciously.

This was Yang Shuqing's first time seeing Jiang Ningbao's real face. She never thought that Jiang Ningbao would appear soft and moving, evoking pity. Her heart felt disgust.

No matter which lifetime, Yang Shuqing hated this kind of looks, as if just frowning would make men crowd to protect her.

Seeing Jiang Ningbao, Yang Shuqing's guilt flew away. She even thought badly that Xie Jingyi only had Jiang Ningbao because of this kind of looks.

Thinking like this, Yang Shuqing's heart became comfortable.

How could Jiang Ningbao miss the disgust Yang Shuqing hid?

The female lead hated white lotus the most so Jiang Ningbao had prepared herself. She did not care about this at all. Others' likes and dislikes were not related to her.

She only needed to be herself.

When Jiang Ningbao sat down, Yang Shuqing hid her emotions and acted magnanimous. She smoothly poured tea for her and showed an apologetic smile.

"Jiang fourth miss, I invite you privately like this to apologize to you. I did not think that because of the accident on the Plum Blossom Banquet, Heir Xie would revoke the engagement."

"Although I'm grateful to Heir Xie's rescue, I did not mean to steal your fiance."

Yang Shuqing gave her tea and smiled bitterly with sincere tone.

Jiang Ningbao received the tea and glanced at the sunken tea leaves. Her heart was laughing. This female lead was really meaningful. Her words made her seemed innocent and everything was Xie Jingyi's fault and at the same time, showed off her attractiveness in a veiled way.

If she was the book's Jiang Ningbao, hearing these words that kept mentioning Heir Xie would piss her off.

May be this was the female lead's objective.

Saying that she wanted to apologize when in fact, she wanted to stimulate Jiang Ningbao who had her engagement revoked. Under these circumstances, an ordinary girl would be stimulated to doing some excessive things.

Jiang Ningbao speculated the cruel female lead's motives in the worst light. She gave a smile that did not reach her eyes to Yang Shuqing who pretended to be innocent and showed off in a roundabout way using a soft voice.

"The matter of Heir Xie annulling the engagement has circulated all over the capital. My reputation was long gone. Miss Yang, don't you feel that this apology came way too late?"

From the book, she knew that after Yang Shuqing was reborn, she disguised as a male and befriended people who would be great figures. She had known Xie Jingyi from two years ago and their relationship was deep.

May be it was because of the female lead halo, aside from the first second male lead, no one noticed this.

"Jiang fourth miss, annulling the engagement is Heir Xie's decision. The miss is kind, feeling guilty, so she invite you here to apologize. The miss is innocent."

"Moreover, the miss did not deliberately give late apology. After the miss fell into the water, she got a cold and recuperated in the house. She did not know what Heir Xie did. After she knew, the rumor outside is already wild."

Qian Bi, being Yang Shuqing's trusted servant, acted as if she felt indignant and explained. At the same time, she pointed that Yang Shuqing was innocent in all this.

"Qian Bi, shut your mouth!"

Yang Shuqing's face sunk and glared at Qian Bi and faced Jiang Ningbao in embarrassment, saying, "Jiang fourth miss, don't listen to my servant. No matter what, your engagement is revoked because of me falling into the water, causing Heir Xie to do something like this. I invite Jiang fourth miss today because I want to compensate this mistake."

"I know that saying anything at this point is too late, but if I do nothing, my heart won't be at ease."

Yang Shuqing's words seemed sincere, but she felt strange from Jiang Ningbao's faint respond. If a noble lady had her engagement forcefully annulled, the respond shouldn't be like this.

"Miss, Heir Xie's decision is not related to you....." Qian Bi jumped on spot and explained in anxiety.

Yang Shuqing glared at her again and Qian Bi shut her mouth.

Jiang Ningbao sipped her tea and calmly witness this scene. Her heart was calm. What 'no relation', being sick from falling into the water, it were all lies. Yang Shuqing had met Xie Jingyi in private a few times yet Yang Shuqing still wanted to act in front of her and tried to make her angry. It was really funny.

"Miss Yang, based on Heir Xie's moral quality, I do not believe that he canceled the engagement just because you fell into the water. I only wanted to ask Miss Yang. Had you known Heir Xie before?"

Jiang Ningbao's tone was soft and gentle.

This question almost did not ask Yang Shuqing 'how long had you been intimate with Heir Xie?'.

Yang Shuqing was stunned. Her heart felt guilty from being stared at with Jiang Ningbao's pair of beautiful eyes, but she did not admit. She shook her head in denial, "Before the Plum Blossom Banquet, I've never known Heir Xie."

She always met Heir Xie in man disguise.

No one would notice.

Yang Shuqing who was confident felt bighearted.

"Then it must be that Heir Xie fell in love at first sight with Miss Yang. I really did not expect that my fiance is that kind of person." Jiang Ningbao smiled and her words carried hidden needles, implying that Yang Shuqing was a femme fatale.

Yang Shuqing's heart trembled. She not realized that this soft and gentle Jiang fourth miss was not simple.

She actually made a mistake.