Chapter Seventy One

Old Madam Xie saw the interaction between her adopted grandson and Anyuan Marquis' oldest legal daughter and she felt something was not right. They had only known each other for a few days, her adopted grandson and Anyuan Marquis' oldest young miss was too familiar with each other.

Suppressing the suspicion and doubt in her heart, Old Madam Xie looked at Butler Zhao below and asked, "Butler Zhao, what punishment?"

Butler Zhao looked at Heir Xie and Oldest Miss Yang and frowned a little. He respectfully told what happened in the gates and after Old Madam Xie heard this, her heart warmed.

Her son was venting for Ningbao girl.

"Let us speak about this matter after A'Heng came back." Old Madam Xie muttered after a while.

Yang Shuqing's eyes flashed with disappointment, but she still spoke to Old Madam Xie with smiles and did not stop to try to make Old Madam Xie happy. The smile on Old Madam Xie became more intimate.

This little lady could deal with people.

But her vicious tendencies were too strong, it was not good. But since her adopted grandson liked her, it was hard for Old Madam Xie to say. As long as this little lady could behave well with her grandson, then it should be fine.

Even if her adopted grandson would not inherit the duke residence, but with the duke residence's power and connections, added with her adopted grandson's skills, he could climb higher and his future would be immeasurable.

Xie Jingyi saw his grandmother and his fiancee conversing harmoniously, his heart slightly released a breath as his mouth unconsciously went up. A trace of warm smile flashed through his eyes.

They waited for Duke Ding Xie Heng's return for an hour. Yang Shuqing's eyes lit up and she stared at Old Madam Xie with a face filled with hope, hoping that Old Madam Xie would placate her.

It was indeed not good for blood to spill on her adopted grandson's engagement day.

Old Madam Xie spoke a plea, but the punishment was still executed.

There was no room for discussion.

Old Madam Xie only spoke a bit and seeing her son not agreeing, she did not say anything else. There was a steelyard in her heart, her biological son was more important than her adopted grandson, especially when this adopted grandson was blinded by emotions.

Yang Shuqing's face sank a bit as she glanced at Xie Jingyi in nervousness, pulling his sleeve with her eyes filled with worry. Xie Jingyi gave Yang Shuqing a gaze of consolation as he swiftly knelt on the ground.

The punishment was executed by two black clothed guards.

"Pah.....Pah....."

Xie Jingyi bent over unmoving.The servants in the courtyard were dispatched and it was silent with only the sound of a stick hitting someone's body.

This was Duke Ding taking care of his adopted son's face.

The witnesses of the punishment were only Duke Ding Xie Heng, Butler Zhao, Yang Shuqing, Xie Jingyi's male servant, and a few black clothed guards.

Old Madam Xie's age was old, it was not good for her to watch punishment being executed.

Every hit made Yang Shuqing's heart to be seized with pain. Her fists were curled and she bit her lower lip as hatred filled her heart. Her eyes had a trace of blood red.

Jiang Ningbao..... Jiang Ningbao.....

If it weren't for her, how could sir heir be punished with this kind of fleshly pain?

The humiliation sir heir got today, she would return it a hundred fold in the future.

After more than forty staves, there was a little fresh blood trickling out from the dark red gown embroidered with silver threads. Heir Xie's forehead was drenched with cold sweat as the sweat disappeared into his clothes.

"Pah.....Pah....."

Fifty staves punishment had been executed.

Although Xie Jingyi's body was good, after fifty staves, he still needed a servant to support him to return to the courtyard. Following him, aside from Yang Shuqing whose eyes were red, there was an old doctor well-versed in healing who resided in the Duke Ding Residence.

Under the setting sun, Yang Shuqing kept turning her head as she left Duke Ding Residence. After she went in the carriage, her mind was filled with the blood traces on Heir Xie's body. The hatred she did her utmost to hide burst.

"Jiang Ningbao!"

The servant girls in the carriage, Qian Rong and Qian Bi, lowered their heads as their fingers trembled non-stop. They did not date to breathe too loud.

Once they arrived back to Anyuan Marquis Residence, the residence that basked in a joyful atmosphere was covered by a trace of shadow. When the servants saw their oldest young miss return to the residence, the smile on their faces was a little stiff.

Yang Shuqing just noticed the abnormality in the residence and her road was blocked by a few concubine born sisters who deliberately waited for her.

Yang Shuqing who already suppressed her anger, now having her road blocked by people who provoked and ridiculed her, immediately displayed her battle prowess. She strung up those few concubine born sisters and felt that she had vented a little.

At this time, her servant girl Qian Bi submissively spoke about the news she inquired.

Yang Shuqing's face instantly became black and sullen, feeling stifled.

She was about to burst in anger.

The things that happened that day was like unconstrained fluctuation. It should be an auspicious day, but she kept meeting trouble, especially her fiance spill blood on their engagement day.

How would outsiders see her?

Jiang Ningbao was indeed her jinx, there was no good thing when meeting her.

Duke Ding was also unreasonable.

Delaying for only one day was not alright.

Yang Shuqing could not help but resent Duke Ding.