Chapter Eighty Four

On the day of the bestowal of marriage decree, it was a suitable day for marriage or proposal.

At noon, Duke Ding personally led his black clothed personal guards to propose in a rowdy manner.

There were a total of one hundred and eight boxes of proposal gifts.

The proposing group went through a long road from Duke Ding Residence to Changning Count Residence, attracting the attention of the whole capital's people.

"Good guy, this grand of a proposal group, only when imperial family members marrying their legal wife would have!"

"You guys forgot that Jiang fourth miss might even be Duke Ding's one and only woman. Old Madam Xie definitely places great importance on this. The marriage occasion later on will be grander."

"Does anyone know the date of the marriage? I anticipate their marriage so much."

"Me too! When Jiang fourth miss had her engagement annulled by Heir Xie that time, who would've thought that there would be this kind of change? This is the emperor's marriage decree. Jiang fourth miss is fortunate."

"Indeed."

"Now, Heir Xie has to call his ex-fiancee mom. What a sight!"

"Haha, I wonder how Heir Xie is feeling right now?"

There were people laughing in the crowd and looking at the show.

The proposing group arrived in Changning Count Residence with Duke Ding personally leading. This not only shocked Changning Count, but also Old Madam Jiang.

They thought that the proposal would come after deciding on the marriage date. They did not think that after getting the marriage decree in the evenight, the proposal would be at noon. Wasn't this speed too fast?

Old Madam Jiang was old and Duke Ding emitted ominous energy so she held it in and did not go out. She only sent a few old servants and male servants to report to her the situation, but the males of Changning Count Residence all lined up to welcome him.

Hearing this news, Jiang Ningbao secretly rushed to a secret corner in the front gates. She could see Duke Ding who was the most eye-catching in the group and her eyes lit up. Her lips subconsciously lifted.

Today, Duke Ding Xie Heng wore a silver red gown and his hair was lightly tied. His features were cold and handsome with a straight body and iron bones. He seemed even more handsome than usual and his air was sharp and deep, especially his pair of eyes that had ominous energy. No one dared to meet eye to eye with him.

Duke Ding got off his horse and walked forward steadily. The surrounding air became dark and cold. He was not near but that forceful coldness hit one's face.

The people waiting at the gates could not help but stepped back.

A black clothed guard personally handed the gift list.

Changning Count Jiang Dongming and his two legal sons took the list in fear and trepidation. The invited Duke Ding in but did not dare to get near.

"Sir duke, please enter."

"Mm."

Duke Ding Xie Heng expressionlessly nodded and entered Changning Count Residence in strides. The tidy and stern black clothed personal guards followed behind. Changning Count Jiang Dongming's forehead sweated and called servants to put the betrothal gifts in Jiang Ningbao's courtyard.

His heart was dripping blood.

Especially after looking at the gifts list. He was so envious that his eyes turned red.

Tens of high quality silk, boxes of silver, gold, jades, porcelains, and pearls, also precious herbs, make-up, and others.

The servants in Changning Count Residence were shocked agape by the boxes of betrothal gifts.

Chun Xi was very excited.

"Lady, Duke Ding places great importance in you. Heir Xie was not this grand when proposing to Anyuan Marquis Residence."

Jiang Ningbao glanced at Chun Xi and her smile was beautiful and moving. "My eyesight is the best. It's just when the male is proposing, the female could not be present."

Saying this, Jiang Ningbao's beautiful eyes flashed with a trace of pity.

"Lady, won't this servant call Duke Ding as male master?" Chun Xi suddenly thought of this and asked with joy.

A smile rose in Jiang Ningbao's eyes and she agreed, "You should indeed call him master." Then, her fiery gaze was fixed on Duke Ding who emitted cold and gloomy air not far from her. Her lips kept lifting up.

Suddenly, Duke Ding Xie Heng who was wearing a silver and red gown sensed something and turned his head suddenly. His sharp and cold gaze flew to the small corner she was.

A familiar beautiful face entered his eyes.

So the little lady secretly looked at him. The little lady also noticed his action and even blinked her eyes at him with a naughty smile.

Duke Ding Xie Heng's steps halted and his ominous eyes subconsciously softened. He turned his head and walked to the main hall. His mind was thinking that the little lady was quite lively.

Until Duke Ding's figure left, Jiang Ningbao reluctantly retracted her gaze. Chun Xi at her side happily spoke in a low voice, "Lady, this servant just counted. One hundred and eight boxes of betrothal gifts. A total of one hundred and eight boxes."

"Imperial family's betrothal gifts are one hundred and twenty-eight boxes at the most. Who does not admire the lady for having this fortune?" Chun Xi felt proud and elated and her voice was excited and moved as if she had part of it too.