Chapter Ninety

The incense in Thriving Joy Hall curled upward.

This matter was really silly, but Duke Ding Xie Heng still thought that he had heart sickness. Because in the past twenty eight years, his heart never beat abnormally. This must be the symptom of a heart sickness.

The little lady was still small and did not understand that it was hard to treat once one had a heart sickness.

Duke Ding knitted his brows and the air around froze. The ominous energy on him unconsciously was released a little and it oppressed the people within the vicinity, making them unwell.

Old Madam Xie knitted her brows from feeling unwell.

"You cannot hide sickness for fear of treatment. Tomorrow, I will invite another imperial doctor to check." Duke Ding Xie Heng felt something amiss and instantly restrained the ominous air on him. His handsome face stretched taut and his cold and deep voice had cautiousness.

Old Madam Xie glared at her son with astonished expression. She did not think that her son would be more wooden than wood. Saying he was a blockhead was raising him too high.

Fortunately, Ningbao girl was clever and quick-witted.

If her son made the ruckus wider and everyone knew, it would be a laughingstock.

"Cough, cough. A'Heng, actually, you really do not have any sickness. You have to believe Imperial Doctor Chen. He is well versed in medical skill and is good in treating miscellaneous, difficult, and complicated cases of illness." Old Madam Xie had a helpless tone.

Jiang Ningbao laughed boisterously but once she heard Duke Ding wanted to find another imperial doctor, she immediately stopped laughing and thought that it was not good. She immediately straightened her attitude and spoke, "Sir duke, old madam is right. Actually, we are not sick. Before explaining, I want to ask the duke, when does your heart beat erratically?"

Saying this, Jiang Ningbao's pair of beautiful eyes filled with anticipation. Although she had a guess, it would make her happier if Duke Ding spoke it himself.

Duke Ding, who did not know Jiang Ningbao had dug a pit, fixed his gaze on the little lady's red and moist face. His brows knitted and he glanced at her expressionlessly without saying anything.

"Is it related to me?"

Jiang Ningbao raised her white and delicate face with a sly smile.

Duke Ding nodded slightly and his eyes flashed with bewilderment. He said, "Yes." When his heart beat abnormally, it was always related to the little lady.

There was something strange.

Old Madam Xie looked at the show as she drank her tea. She knew that Ningbao girl had a solution. Old servant Huang silently released a breath. Good thing there was Jiang fourth miss. From young to adult, Duke Ding had no servant girl serving him. Every servant was strong and robust male servants and guards. It was normal that he did not understand these feelings.

"Actually, everytime my heart beats abnormally, it is related to sir duke." Jiang Ningbao curved her lips and spoke with a soft voice. Her brows and eyes emitted a happy air.

Duke Ding Xie Heng looked at her in focus. Hearing these words, his heart jumped as if there was something inflating and filling it.

The heart sickness came again.

"Sir duke, do you know what mutually in love means? It's the heart that would jump." Jiang Ningbao smiled and explained mischievously. She specially put her slender and pretty hand on where her heart was. A faint fragrance flew and Jiang Ningbao walked to Duke Ding's front as she spoke.

"Just like I get near you. The heart goes badump, badump, jumping abnormally and fast."

The girl's clear scent wafted to his nose and Duke Ding Xie Hend looked at the little lady in front of him. His heart seemed to jump faster as if he did not notice, it would jump out of his body.

It was the same as what the little lady said.

His brows knitted once more and the contours of his face seemed cold and hard. He expressionlessly said, "So mutually in love means abnormal heart beat."

Jiang Ningbao's smile stiffened and she choked off. Her fighting spirit rose. They were all people who had never been in a relationship. The reason why she had rich theories while Duke Ding was like a white sheet on emotions was because.....

.....it was all thanks to the nine years of compulsory education.

Jiang Ningbao's heart felt faint pride. She softly explained the deeper meaning of mutually in love and only had your heart beating erratically. She did not notice that Duke Ding's ominous filled eyes turned deeper and quiet. There was a dark light flashing by.

"Sir duke, so you're not sick, no need to search for another imperial doctor." Jiang Ningbao explained science in satisfaction and concluded this.

Duke Ding looked at the little lady deeply.

"Um."

His heart was thinking that the little lady knew a lot. So his reaction was because he liked the little lady. Duke Ding Xie Heng's heart rose with a trace of joy. He finally understood what silliness he made and he decided to ask Xie Qi and the others when he had the time.

Old Madam Xie who heard Ningbao girl explained and played tricks on her son did not felt unhappy but had to suppress a smile instead. She sipped her tea and drank her laughter. Old servant Huang also had a face full of smiles.

"A'Heng, you should take Ningbao girl to tour around." Old Madam Xie saw that it was bright outside and immediately made a chance for her son to converse.

Hence, the cold and innocent Duke Ding Xie Heng led the little lady to his courtyard.