Chapter Twenty Three

When the carriage left Changning Count Residence, Madam Zhang got this report and smiled coldly.

On this time when the struggle was the fiercest, she recklessly went to meet Oldest Miss Yang. When Duke Ding Residence formally revoke this engagement, see where she could cry to.

That's right. Madam Zhang already knew that Jiang Ningbao went out to fulfill the invitation of Anyuan Marquis' Oldest Miss. Madam Zhang did not prevent this, even waiting to see Jiang Ningbao make a fool out of herself in the dark.

Madam Zhang finally made an agreement with Heir Xie. After her niece's engagement was annulled, her Yao'er would get engaged with Xie family's second branch's Xie Jinghui. The fifth rank official position would also fell on the Count and there were other generous compensation.

Madam Zhang's mood was very good.

Jinjiang Teahouse

Jiang Ningbao who wore a black hat and white veil got down the carriage. A breeze of wind coincidentally swept past, revealing a little of her beautiful and delicate features. After the manager of the teahouse saw her, his eyes flashed with surprise and thought why did the master suddenly came by. He respectfully welcomed her.

"Manager, I have a reservation in the second floor's fourth room." Her clear and voice rang and separated with the veil, Jiang Ningbao blinked and pretended not to know him.

Jinjiang Teahouse was built on the famous street on the capital and the building was big with clear surroundings and good atmosphere. There were already noble young masters conversing in small voices inside. There were plenty of people who were trying the delicacies in the store.

Noble ladies and madams liked to reserve the rooms upstairs.

Jiang Ningbao stepped into the teahouse and she did not attract anyone's attention. The politeness of the guests in the teahouse was high so they just glanced at her.

"So it's Miss Yang's guest. This servant will take you there." The manager accompanied Jiang Ningbao acting like strangers and respectfully led the way.

The second floor's fourth room was reserved by Yang Shuqing. The room was elegantly decorated and there were a few paintings hung on the wall. The frame on the corners of the room had colorful fresh flowers put in the vase on it.

Yang Shuqing had long arrived in the room and was waiting for Jiang Ningbao with two servants by her side.

The red peony skirt dress she wore was eye-catching and it emphasized her white skin, as if sheep-fat white jade.

Jiang Ningbao saw this scene and clicked her tongue mentally. The female lead Yang Shuqing indeed fitted this bright red dress. It made her look noble and beautiful.

The book revealed that in her past life, the female lead did not care about Anyuan Marquis' opposition and stubbornly wanted to get married to King Jin as noble concubine, cefei, and never worn bright red dress from then on.

After rebirth, the female lead had strong obsession.

This life, she would not be concubine, even if it was one from the royal family.

So the female lead liked wearing red dress. No matter if it's bright red, dark red, or pink..... as long as it had red, she would like it, especially bright red.

"Miss Yang, hello." Jiang Ningbao greeted politely with soft voice pleasant to the ears. The people who heard it would had a good impression.

Yang Shuqing was beautiful and her aura was strong. She had radiant atmosphere, as if a shining pearl. It was different from Jiang Ningbao.

Yang Shuqing's looks were fit to be the legal wife in the eyes of the madams and Jiang Ningbao's white lotus soft and gentle looks were the type those madams dislike.

Jiang Ningbao was also helpless. Looks were decided from birth. She were period of mourning for her parents for three years and had not attended any banquet, so outsiders did not know the looks of Duke Ding Residence's heir's fiancee.

"Jiang fourth miss, please sit." Yang Shuqing's eyes flashed and she smiled as she spoke. She glanced at the manager. "Manager, send a jug of plum blossom wine later."

The manager complied and carefully closed the door of the room.