Chapter 1 ~ A Sudden Predicament

In the middle of a national economic crisis, a young man, the son of the CEO and the heir to Riveria Conglomerate, one of the largest conglomerate company in the World, dived into the business world like a shooting star.

People who had met the heir of Riveria Conglomerate had sung praises for his incredible intelligence, talent, and appearance.

Right after his graduation from the best university in the world - which took only 2 years when even the brightest of students took 4 years to graduate from - he immediately dived into the world of business where he was given the right to manage several companies under the head company owned by his father.

He had headed countless meetings which determine the fate of the companies he had given responsibility to, and be invited, as well as hosting, countless parties where the very rich and influential CEOs and board of directors attend.

Many were unable to accept the fact that such feat that even many experienced businessman had failed to achieve, had been done perfectly by a 20 years old young man.

He had not only managed to keep the companies under him stable, but also expanded it to many parts of the world and double all their yearly revenue in a shocking span of 2 years.

This almost inhuman feat was all thanks to his inborn ability which allowed him to grasp the inner desires, thoughts and intentions of other people.

Although this ability might seem to be nothing short of a Godsend for others, he could only see it as a curse.

His ability, which might as well be mind reading, twisted him into a person who was unable to trust people.

Everyone he had ever met never failed to have an ulterior motive which only served to satisfy their own selfishness and greed. All but a farce, which was especially true in the business world he was all too familiar with.

He grew into a man who was unable to put faith and trust in anyone, and thus, unable to truly share a deep connection with anyone.

Now, even when the other party had no ill intentions towards him, he was unable to trust them and would always doubt them, believing that someday they will become like the rest.

Finally, as he reached his limit on his 25th birthday, he asked his father, to free him from the business world for awhile as a reward for increasing the total revenue of the company by several folds and increasing their connection base.

Only after several compromises that his father reluctantly agreed to it and allowed him to be free from all his current responsibilities and take a "prolonged vacation" until further notice.

Thus, Leon Riveria escaped into Grandeur Fantasia where he, with his Godsend ability, became the strongest player in the world.

However, the situation right now was something even he couldn't predict.

-------------------------------------------------------X------------------------------------------------------------

The young man, confused by his current situation, stood up in attempt to survey his surroundings.

Where is this?

The last scenery in his memory he could recall was that of the view of a nightlight in a cityscape which can be seen from the large window in his room.

I'm pretty sure I slept on my desk chair in my room.

Such was the last thing he remembered. Falling asleep on his high quality office chair which was exclusive to CEOs and board of directors.