Chapter 41.2 ~ 1 vs 2

"Well, this is more people than expected. I'll ask the Silver Fang and some other adventurers to make sure the audience won't get hurt. Let's go to the opened space."

"I understand."

Gera asked the people to make way with a loud voice. Though it may seemed rude, it was because they wouldn't be able to go through the sea of people if he didn't. Thanks to Silver Fang and other adventurers parties who agreed to help Gera create space for the battle and prevent the people from getting too close, the match started shortly after they've arrived.

"Oh, Leon. Are you going to fight them one by one or both at the same time?"

"I will fight them both at the same time. Since Freya is a healer, we wouldn't be able to see her abilities if I fight them separately."

"Oh! The girl is a rare light elemental healer huh? Interesting. Are you two fine with that?"

"Yes. Though I wanted to fight Leon one on one."

"Don't treat me like a baggage, you jerk. Oh and don't you dare hurt darling!"

"Don't say the impossible. How can I fight without hurting him."

"Freya, it is fine. In fact I want Alex to wound me so you will be able to show off your healing spells after the fight. Oh, and Alex, I will also try to hurt you for the same reason."

"Okay~"

"...If that's what darling wants."

"Then, let's start."

Leon started walking away from the towards the empty part of the field prepared by the adventurers who helped Gera. Alex and Freya similarly went towards the field in an opposite direction from Leon.

Leon and the two were now about 10 meters apart and Gera came to the space between them.

"I'll serve as referee for this match. There are no rules to this match except for killing each other. Otherwise, you can use whatever spells or weapons you like. Are you ready?"

Freya and Alex readied their staff and dual sabers respectively while Leon readied <<Misteltein>> and nodded to Gera.

"BEGIN!"

Right after the signal of the start of the match, Leon and Alex kicked the ground and attacked each other.

"Tailwind!"

Alex's strength lies in his agility. Using his dual sabers, he would overwhelm his opponent with a flurry of attacks and strike a lethal blow when he got a chance. Because of that, Freya casting an agility increasing buff to Alex was even more effective in increasing his overall damage output than casting a strength increasing buff.

As a result, Leon was being pushed back by Alex's quick attacks which surprised everyone watching them. He had anticipated Alex's increase in agility due to Freya's support spell. However, even if he did, it was still difficult to deal with.

Although Leon won in terms of strength, he lost in terms of speed. In addition, defending against the quick offensives of dual sabers with a one handed sword was incredibly difficult. Normally, Leon would immediately cast <<Support Spell: Tailwind>> on himself in order to compensate for the speed difference. However, this was an exhibition match.

He didn't want to show that he's able to use support magic or healing magic which belonged in light element category of spells. He knew that Gera, Silver Fang, and probably the guild masters Gera had a meeting with already knew the fact, but he wanted to keep the information from being known by more people for now.

Leon thought that if he wanted to keep up with Alex's speed, there was no other way than to predict his movements. Leon knew about Alex's personality to an extent since he was the one who created him. Though there was another personality trait which manifested after coming to this world, he had the time to get to know it in the few weeks they've been together. It was possible to defend against him that way. However, he needed to go on the offensive as well. He needed to win and show his strength so Alex's and Freya's evaluation will also increase by proxy for being able to stand up against him for so long. This would also prevent other adventurers from blindly picking a fight with him which would be troublesome.

Alex continued pushing Leon back with a barrage of attacks without letting up even after a few minutes. Freya fired a low powered <<Spell: Light Javelin>>, towards Leon in hopes to pressure him even further and gave Alex the advantage. Although it might fail, she didn't want to hurt her darling even if she knew it wouldn't hurt him even if she put in all her strength into the spell.

Knowing it would be hard to dodge Freya's Light Javelin, Leon created spikes of ice with <<Spell: Ice Spikes>> towards Alex to push him back and gave him time to deal with it.

Several ice spikes lunged towards Alex's torso, surprising him and made him step a few steps back. Using this chance, Leon clad <<Misteltein>> with his magic and cut down the light javelin.

The people at the back didn't know what happened to the people in front who became speechless. Even after seeing it with their own eyes, they still couldn't process it. Only questions filled their mind.

Mia, Lily and Rafael who saw it were also speechless since they've never seen Leon do something like that. They didn't even think it was possible to cut a magic spell in two. In contrast, Vyra and Charlotte had sparkles in their eyes as they saw their master's strength.

He found out that magic spells could be negated if he clad his weapon with the opposite element of the spell while he was researching the magic system in this world. Since Freya's Light Javelin is light, he clad his weapon with mana of the darkness element. In addition, he could also improve the overall physical ability of his whole body if he consciously regulate the mana flow through out his body or concentrate his mana to one point and highly strengthen that part of his body.

"Seems like we can't win against master if we hold back."

"Of course we can't. I don't think we could beat darling even if we were serious. Also, don't forget our objective. I'll make you pay if you mess up darling's plan."

"I know, I know, I'll hold back properly But we still need to make it a show. Let's proceed to the climax."

AN: I'm so sorry for another cliff-hanger >_< !!! Seriously didn't mean to do it but yeah... Hope you enjoy the fight scene XD The conclusion will be in the next update so stay tuned :D:D.