Chapter 121.1 ~ Elimination Rounds Day 1 (1)

AN: Disclaimer!!! I'm uhm... not that familiar with tournament rules so the tournament rounds might be weird XD Did my best to research tournament types that will fit this story. Didn't want to make it too long, but I'd also like it to make sense. Hope you guys enjoy it XD

On another note, watched Hamefura this morning~!!! Sophia is so cuuuuute~!!! Honestly, my favorite girl in Hamefura after Bakarina XD!!! She's an otaku too~! Such perfectness incarnate~! Her friendship with Katarina is so heartwarming as well~! (Especially if you've read the light novel XD)

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter~!!!!

There are 10 classes competing in this tournament, each class with 5 main members, a substitute, and a supporter.

Each student has received the standardized weapons they'll be using for the tournament the day before. They've chosen their weapon of choice a few weeks before the start of the tournament so the school can prepare it accordingly.

The supporters of each group have also enchanted their teammates' weapons to increase their power and effectiveness. Tina had also enchanted all of her teammates' weapons with various enhancements including toughness, durability, and sharpness enchantment for Altria's katana, and enchantments that increased magic potential, magic power, and mana efficiency to the others' staffs and wands.

She worked very hard from the moment they received their weapons early in the morning until late at night, trying her best to make sure it fits comfortably for her friends. Amaterasu and the others also helped her by testing their weapon she enchanted every time she made an adjustment to see if it feels comfortable and give her feedback.

While they were doing it, Leon never interfered and let Tina handle it until she's satisfied with the result. After all, this process of testing and adjusting enchantments over and over would be a very valuable experience for her which will eventually make her a better enchanter. Moreover, as someone who had enchanted items and weapons himself, he knew how rewarding it could be the moment he enchanted something perfectly himself. It was the best reward an enchanter could have, and he didn't want to rob her off it.

He had taught plenty, and now she would be the one deciding how she would use the knowledge she received.

After arriving at the first training ground, Leon and his team were led to one of the participants' rooms. Each student will be called once it was their turn to compete and they will be accompanied by their teacher.

These rooms were prepared so that the participants wouldn't be able to watch and strategize against their potential opponents. It was done so that the tournament would be as fair as possible, and so that students would be able to display their skills and ability to deal with unexpected situations. But this will only be the case during the first two days of the tournament which is the elimination round.

The team matches on the last two days of the tournament will emphasize teamwork, thus every class will be able to watch each other and prepare an appropriate strategy for the match.

As they waited, Leon prepared small snacks and sweets for them so they could snack on something while waiting.

A few minutes later, a knock came on their room door.