Chapter 51.2 ~ Arrival

AN: Sorry for the late update >_< Should've updated like few hours ago... Well, better late than never so here ya go~~~~~ Hope you enjoy it XD

After a few hours, they could finally see a huge white wall on the horizon. It stretches so far that Leon couldn't even see the edge even after turning his neck fully to the left and to the right. Considering how high it seemed from this distant, it was most probably be 15 meters high, or even more than that.

As they come closer, everyone of Crimson Lightning stared at the majestic in awe. The white wall reflected the entire spectrum of light, causing it to be blinding especially on a sunny day like this. On the wall, Leon could see several guards patrolling. Some were in the watchtowers, equip with some sort of binoculars which allowed them to see further and thus respond quickly in case someone or something approach the city walls.

The wall came closer and closer, close enough to the point that they couldn't see the top of it anymore. There were several guards stationed on a relatively large gate. Since this was a path which only royalties or nobles knew about, there were not as many guards as there were in the main city gate. Though, the skills of the guards stationed here were head and shoulders above those soldiers.

Several guards saw three carriages guarded by knights approaching the gate. They immediately realise that it was the princess's carriage since a knight of the princess's guards came a while ago and reported about the incident to them and requested knights to be sent and apprehend the assailants.

The guards welcomed the princess's carriage and said words of relief for her safety after seeing her person.

Iris told them about the situation and things regarding Crimson Lightning and how they saved them. With that, the guards understood why adventurers could use or even know about this secret route that only royalties and high nobles used. They came towards the Crimson Lightning's carriage and asked for their identification. Although they were already guaranteed by the leader of the princess's guard, they still needed to do it for formalities. Since the guild card was able to function as an identification card for adventurers, Leon and the others presented it to the guard and received it back after he was done checking it.

The guards who were on duty all thanked the Crimson Lightning for saving the princess. Judging by their expressions and actions, it seemed that the princess was incredibly treasured even by the soldiers guarding the wall.

After being let through the gate, the princess's group and Crimson Lightning had finally reached the royal capital.

Leon got down from the carriage and went towards the princess's carriage. Seeing this, the coachman stopped to allow Leon to talk to the princess.

"Your highness, please excuse our discourtesy. We were tasked to send a letter to the guild master of the adventurer's guild royal capital branch, so we shall head there. In addition, it wouldn't be appropriate for us adventurers to know more about this secret route used by royalties and high nobles of the kingdom any further."

"I understand. Although it is quite a shame that we couldn't be together until we reach the castle, I am sure we would meet again in the near future. At that time, let us enjoy our time leisurely."

"If such opportunity should arise, it would be an honor to do so."

"Also, I would like to thank you once more for saving us. Not only did you manage to apprehend the assailants, you had also healed the knights' injuries and saved their lives as well. I can not thank you enough for what you have done."