Chapter 9 ~ Guild Master

Lily and Leon returned to the guild along with Mia and Rafael.

They decided to form a party together because Mia said they have a "connection" between them, and that "fate" has bring them together.

Of course she disregarded the fact that she was the one who brought them together due to her curiosity.

"So who will be registered as the party leader?"

Phillis, the receptionist, asked them while writing up a form for party establishment.

Everyone's eye moved towards Leon as if there was a magnetic attraction between their eyes and Leon's face.

"...So will it be Mr. Leon?"

Phillis asks with an awkward smile. Reluctantly and with a sigh, Leon accepted his fate as the party leader since it was the majority vote.

Leon told Mia and Rafael that Lily and him would need to sell some materials so asked them to wait in the Guild hall.

Mia and Rafael then ordered some drinks and snacks while they wait for the other two to return on a table.

Leon and Lily then proceeded to meeting the guild staff they talked to before.

Seeing their arrival, the guild staff immediately greeted them and led them to the prepared space for material checking.

"Oh, I am sorry but the guild master will also be present. He was very bored and when I said a new adventurer asking for a larger space to place the material, he got very interested and wish to be there as well. I hope it won't cause any inconvenience to you."

The guild staff said in a troubled voice.

"I am fine with it. I'm actually grateful that he allows us, new adventurers, to use such facility."

"Thank you very much. He seems to do it out of his own curiosity so please don't mind it."

As they enter a room, a huge space opened up before the three.

It was apparently a door connected to the backyard of the guild which was used for training and magic testing grounds.

But what caught their attention wasn't the scenery, but rather the man who exerted the aura of a veteran fighter.

The thick chest and broad shoulders, coupled with those muscles that rippled visibly under his light clothing. Everything about him, even the intensity of his presence, were all phenomenal.

"Took you long enough."

The rough voice, probably due to frequently shouting orders during a battle, reverberated in this large room.

"I am sorry to keep you waiting."

Leon, unshaken by the intimidating presence of this man, apologised calmly for making him wait.

Although they were not late, it is still fact that they made the guild master wait. Thus, it was common courtesy to apologise.

The guild master smiled at Leon after seeing his calm reaction.

"Well let's not waste time. You have something you want to sell don't you? Something big enough that you want to use a space as big as this."

Leon walked forward then activated his <<Inventory>> to take out the corpse of the <<Storm Wolf>>

A huge distortion in space appeared for a moment and disappeared, leaving 2 halves of the <<Storm Wolf's>> corpse in its wake.

Seeing this, the guild master, the guild staff, and even Lily whom Leon never said a thing about this, froze in place with their mouths widely agape.