Chapter 21 ~ Night Camp

Several groups of people have entered the forest. It was located near the City of Lingenia and spans over several kilometers. A forest called Riela forest.

These groups of people were not wearing civilian clothes. People who entered Riela forest would always wear some sort of protective gear. Even a herb picker would wear at least a leather armor and bring some sort of weapon to protect himself. This was because there's a high chance to encounter monsters or dangerous animals living in the forest.

They were no different. Every one of them were using protective gears and wield weapons. However, the difference was that they were not entering Riela forest to pick herbs. Instead, they were here to subjugate the dark wolves. It was a mysterious monster which was first encountered several days ago and would most probably cause problems in the near future.

They were adventurers. People who receives quests from the guild. There were several types of quests they can choose from. Miscellaneous quests were quests which included delivering letters or items, searching for herbs, searching for lost pets, etc. There were also subjugation quests which included subjugating monsters and other dangerous animals regarded as a threat.

This time, these adventurers were entering the forest for a subjugation quest. They were heading towards the center of the forest where there should be a cave where several of the dark wolves were located according to the guild.

The quest was taken by 5 parties. The B rank party called "Silver Fang" and Leon's party were recruited by the guild master to undertake this quest. The other parties volunteered themselves.

They were walking at normal walking speed while keeping eye on their surroundings. At this pace, it would take more than half a day to reach the center of the forest.

Several hours had passed since they entered the forest. The Sun had set and darkness fell to the land. All 5 parties agreed to set up a camp for the night and continue tomorrow morning.

Almost all of the adventurers plop down in exhaustion.

All of them are trained individuals who had gone through many battles. However, walking in the forest wearing metal armors, carrying weapons, and on top of it, the luggage containing necessities for battle and camping was incredibly tiring. The magicians were even more exhausted as they were not as physically strong as the swordsmen or knights.

Leon's party were the only ones who were not as exhausted. Leon, Vyra, and Charlotte had incredible amount of stamina due to being level 100. Lily, Mia, and Rafael were also not as exhausted since Charlotte had cast strength and stamina increasing spell onto them. Additionally, their luggage were all placed in Leon's <<Inventory>>. The only thing they have in their person were their battle equipments.

Other parties were surprised when Leon took out their party's camping materials out of thin air. They had been wondering this whole time why Leon's party doesn't carry any camping necessities like they do. At this realization, some of them sends Leon envying glances as they walk.

Even though they knew Leon's character from how he acted after being looked down by the leader of Crimson Spear and how much they wanted to lighten their luggage, they would still choose to carry it themselves. Giving someone else their luggage containing necessary items for their safety and survival was something they cannot do, no matter how trustworthy.

The leader of Crimson Spear who questioned the guild master's decision to recruit Leon and his party now understood why. He thought Leon is just a baggage carrier, and the rest of his party are monster fodders.

The petty reason for his behavior towards Leon stemmed from jealousy. Being designated a quest means that he was strong enough to undertake such a quest. In addition to his incredibly attractive looks, he was also surrounded by beauties who all seem to be as powerful, maybe even more than him.