Chapter 78.1 ~ Return

AN: First time writing on a phone >_< Sorry for the wait! I've also been writing Mahouka with Word xD.

A woman with jet black hair, with a tinge of violet, stood with tears flowing from her face as she watched a certain raven haired young man. He was in a battle with a monster. A monster, imprisoned in a dark, cold space, unable to escape.

Her hands covered her mouth as she continue watching him overcome the monster, his own past.

Then when a drop of tear fell from the young man’s eyes, she felt her heart ache. Yet, she felt proud and happy for him. He managed to become a man beyond her expectations.

“I’m sorry to have left you, Leon… But soon… Soon… I will return to your side. And this time, we will truly be a family…”

----------------------------X-------------------------------

Groups of knights, which were dispatched by the castle as reinforcement to deal with the monster originally, finally arrived.

However rather than rushing towards the battle, all of them stood in silence with their eyes widened and mouths opened, unable to find the battle.

All they could find was a large corpse of a dead monster, cut cleanly in half and multiple other wounds all around its body.

Leon, who had undid his fusion with Noir, approached the man who was in charge of the knights dispatched here along with Iris. He was wearing an enchanted armor which was visibly better than the other knights. By the look of his weapon, a halberd, as well, Leon can assume that he’s the type of captain who leads the armies in the front lines.

The fact that him and the knights were all wearing their full equipment proved just how cautious they were against a Grioritus. It’s no wonder that they could only stand in silence, shocked, from the fact that the battle was over before they’ve even arrived.

Leon didn’t mind the fact that the knights were late. In fact, he would prefer fighting against the monster with just his friends. That way, there won’t be any unnecessary victims nor chaos enveloping the battle. In addition, his and their captain’s decision might differ and cause a drift in teamwork which might turn the situation for the worse.

That said, he could not just let the image of the royal knights plummet because they were late to the battle.

“Good evening, captain. My name is Leon Misteltein, leader of the adventurer party Crimson Lightning who coincidentally come across a monster here and defeated it. Although Mr. Silverio’s subordinates were already evacuating and protecting the residents, may we leave the matters of dealing with the aftermath and the citizens to you?”

The captain have already heard of Leon and Crimson Lightning’s strength. Thus, although still amazed, he wasn’t surprised that they manage to bring down a Grioritus. What he was surprised at was the fact that Leon wasn’t just strong, but also very intelligent.

It even took him awhile but he realised the meaning behind Leon’s words which was meant to not let the royal knights lose face and let them show the citizens that the royal knights also contributed in protecting them from in this incident.

“I understand. Thank you very much, Sir Misteltein.”

“Please captain, just call me Leon. Ah, may I ask you to lend us carriage to bring us back to the castle? There’s something I need to report to his majesty.”

“Of course, with pleasure. Ms. Varya, I assume you would wish to relay this to her highness as soon as possible right?”

“Yes… However I still have my duties here…”