Chapter 25 ~ Return of the Hero

AN: I'm back guys! I'm sorry for the wait! Thanks to this chance, I've manage to rest up and stockpile some chapters! The two chapters a week will be back *Hype*. Please look forward to it!

It was a dark place, void of everything. Leon stood there in silence. He started to hear several voices. The voices who marked him as the devil. The ones who condemned him. Then it changed into the voices of meaningless pleasantries, false laughter, and insincere compliments. It began getting louder and louder.

Leon did not closed his ears. He didn't need to for he had sealed his heart. He was able to stand there in silence because he had grown numb to it. It was a world where everything were but a facade. Where even truths were lies. Heartfelt speeches were mere tools to elicit sympathy and compliments were baits to capture unsuspecting victims. It was a cruel world, and it was the world Leon lived in his whole life.

A crack in the void appeared. It was similar to a crack in the mirror, and heavenly light seeped through it. The light blinded Leon for a second and he began covering parts of his face so he could see what's beyond that light.

The crack grew larger and large, and a hand appeared from within it. It was a maiden's hand. It looked amazingly beautiful and pure. He would believe that the hand belonged to a goddess if someone told him so.

The hand was laid to him, as if beckoning him to come over and grab it. He felt nostalgic. He had a feeling he knew whose hand it was, however he couldn't remember it. Leon began walking towards the hand, thinking he would remember if he got a closer look. But even after getting close to it, no memories about the hand resurfaced.

Leon was prudent about everything, however he didn't felt that way right now. A strong urge to take her hand welled up inside of him.

Finally he held her hand.

The crack spread throughout the whole world of void and similar heavenly light seeping through them. In the next moment, it crumbled into pieces revealing a blinding world of light spreading far into the horizon.

A girl in pure white dress appeared floating in front of Leon. She was the owner of the hand he took. However he couldn't see her face. All he could see was a part of her mouth moving up and down.

"Le..n, l..e hap..ly ..ay? I w..l .lwa.s l..k o.er you."

Before Leon could say anything in return, the girl shined brighter than the world around her.

In the next moment, Leon opened his eyes but closed them again quickly because he sunlight was shining right at him

What was that dream about again?

As soon as he became conscious, he forgot what he dreamed about. However this situation made him remember the first time he arrived in this world.

Come to think of it, I was also awakened by the morning sun.

However, unlike that time, he felt a soft sensation on his right arm. It was so warm and soft that he felt incredibly comfortable that he didn't want to move from this position. But he realised the strangeness of the situation quickly and looked over to his right.

He saw Lily sleeping next to him with her head on his shoulders. His mind went into confusion. He didn't remember Lily beside him before he fell asleep. It must be after he did, but for what reason he couldn't comprehend.

He began shaking her lightly and call her name gently as to not surprise her out of her sleep. However, rather than waking her up, Lily just squirmed and began tightening her arms around his arm and buried her face to his chest.