Chapter 58 ~ Innocence

AN: Hey guys!! Back with another chapter for the week! This is a character development chapter and filler chapter but you wouldn't want to miss it! Hope you enjoy it~~~

"Try this one!"

"I think this would accentuate her charm better!"

"No, this would suit Mia better!"

"Mia, try this."

Freya, Vyra, Lily and Charlotte each pushed on their own choice of dress to Mia relentlessly.

"Argh, you guys! Are you seriously trying to help me?!"

"Of course we are. That's why, try this one for now."

"This one will surely fit you the most!"

"No, please try this one instead, Mia."

"Mia."

"Aaahh! I get it! I'll try all of it!"

At last, Mia yielded to them and went into the fitting room with four different dresses in hand.

"Rather than helping her choose a dress, they're definitely playing with her huh?"

"...I don't think they're entirely playing. But, they're surely having fun."

Rafael and Leon could only watch as they got overwhelmed by those four's vigor.

"By the way, where's Alex?"

"I sent him on an investigation. He'll be back after we're done here."

"Oh, okay."

Leon wanted as much information as possible, especially about Pavel. Since he's a noble from an influential house, Alex would be able to gather some kind of information just by asking the town's people. At the very least, he would be able to gather how the citizen's perception of Pavel and his house.

As Leon and Rafael were talking, Mia came out of the fitting room while wearing one of the dresses. It was a pink dress with frills on the bottom, giving off a feeling of youthfulness, especially when Mia wore it.

"Wow! So cute!"

"I look like a kid in this!"

"No you don't! You look extremely cute!"

"No! Freya's suggestion is axed! I'm going to try the next one!"

Mia went inside the fitting room once again.

"Awww... It actually looked good on her... Don't you think so, darling?"

"It does, but I do agree with Mia. It does make her look very young..."

"Uuhh... What about you, Rafael?"

"Me too. She doesn't like being treated like a kid so I doubt she'd like that kind of thing too."

"Hah... Okay."

"How is this any better?!"

Suddenly Mia's yelling voice could be heard from inside the fitting room.

She opened the blinds and showed her friends her dress.

"Umu, you look great, Mia."

"It's too short!"

Mia wore a dress which length doesn't even reach her knees. Although it looked very becoming on her, it wouldn't be appropriate for an audience with the king and a formal banquet.