Chapter 59 ~ To the Royal Castle

AN: Hey guys! Another chapter for the week since I didn't prepare a Valentine's special  >_< Though, the last two chapters can count as a Valentine's special... right? 

On another note! I'll be going back to Uni starting next Monday so I might go back to updating 1 chapter in two parts a week. Again, key word "Might". Hope you guys are fine with it. Anyway, onto the chapter!!!

A few days later, a group of soldier suddenly came to the Blue meridian in the morning, the inn where Crimson Lightning was staying in.

Leon had expected a messenger to come over sooner or later, but he did not expect that person would be the one coming.

"I-It's nice to meet you again, Mr. Leon!"

"Ms. Iris?"

He didn't expect the captain of the princess's royal guard who's also her attendant to be the one delivering the letter of summoning. And also, there's an unusual amount of knights accompanying her.

"I-I've come to give you this letter of summoning, Mr. L-Leon."

"Thank you very much, Ms. Iris. But uhm, forgive me for asking but why is the princess's personal attendant the one delivering this for us?"

"Ah, her highness wanted me to see how you and Crimson Lightning were doing. That's why she sent me here."

"I see..."

But that's not entirely it, is it?

The princess wanting to know how they were doing was believable. For some reason, Aria seemed to be very interested and fond of him and other members of Crimson Lightning. However, the amount of knights accompanying Iris just for delivering a letter to a rank A adventurer and his party in a well known inn was strange.

In that moment, Leon felt a peculiar gaze at him from one of the knights.

Most of the knights were staring in awe at the girls, especially Freya. They were all incredibly beautiful after all. However, Leon felt slightly angered by the way they're looking at his lovers. Thus, he pretended to cough and looked at the knights startling them and made them stop staring.

The knight who Leon felt a peculiar gaze from giggled quietly, as if realising what Leon just did.

Leon looked at him and used <<Examine>> to verify his identity. He was clearly different from other knights and he was the only one who had his visor covering his face. And most importantly, he felt something familiar from him.

His eyes went wide after finding out his identity. He bowed his head slightly and smiled towards him.

That answers why there are a lot of knights here...

The peculiar knight seemed to notice and got surprised at first. But then, he similarly bowed his head to Leon.

"Thank you for taking time out of your day just to deliver this letter to us, Ms. Iris."

"T-T-There's no need to thank me, Mr. Leon! I-I'm only following my orders..."

Iris fidgeted with a flushed face as she panic slightly. The knights around her who saw her state were visibly surprised. They've never seen the captain of the princess's royal guard act like a shy little girl.

"T-Then we shall come again to escort you to the royal castle two days from now. We would usually have a week in between the letter of summoning and actually going to the castle. However, it seems his majesty really wants to see the heroes who defeated the calamity class monster and safe her highness as soon as possible."