Chapter 106.2 ~ Confessing

AN: I'm very sorry for the late update!!! Totally forgot because there's just so much going on with Uni stuff >_<!!! I'm very sorry once again. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

“I am in a romantic relationship with Princess Aria and Lady Iris. Although I haven’t proposed, I do intend on marrying them in the near future. I know it is presumptuous for me to say this and I do have three other women I love with all my heart who I also intend to marry. But they are irreplaceable existences in my heart for me who I have come to fall in love deeply. I swear on my life that I will make them the happiest women in the world. Please give me your blessings.”

Leon bowed and stunned everyone in the room. They all looked at him in surprise while Aria and Iris had tears flowing down their eyes. They’re both covering their mouths with trembling hands. 

He kept his head down with his eyes closed. He was nervous. Unlike anything he had planned for, there was no certainty on this. Although he had friendly relationships with Arthur, Seara, Verand, and Lidia, he didn’t know if they would entrust their daughters to someone like him. 

He had countless flaws as a person; so much that he considers himself a broken man. But Aria, Iris, Freya, Lily, and Vyra loved him despite his shortcomings. They trusted him and gave him their undying love, dedication, and loyalty, undeserving as he was. All he could do to repay them was to give them his whole heart and soul and work his body to ashes to make them happy. That was his vow.

“Leon.”

Arthur spoke in a deep tone.

“Raise your head, Leon. That is not the way a son-in-law talk to his parents-in-law.”

Leon opened his eyes in shock and looked up. He saw Arthur, Seara, Verand, and Lidia all smiling at him. They weren’t smiles of royalties or nobles. They were the smiles that a parent give their child, one full of kindness and love, something he never received.

“Y-Your majest-”

“I think you should stop calling me that. You are now my future son-in-law. Call me by my name.”

“Ufufufu~ He’s right, Leon. Please call me by my name as well.”

Verand and Lidia also nodded to their words.

“That means…”

“Ah. We have known for quite a while that it would only be a matter of time before you ask for our blessings to marry our daughters. Since the moment they met you, they’ve become happier than ever, and we could all see that they are in love with you deeply. Very deeply, may I add. That is why I agreed when Aria wanted to grant you her royal dagger. It wouldn’t only let you enter the palace frequently so you could spend time with her and to protect her from the Gerards at the time, it would also give you high enough rank to be engaged to the princess and the first daughter of the royal guard commander.”

It wasn’t just Arthur that thought of it. Verand, who was also present during the audience, had also judged Leon and acknowledge him as someone who’s worthy of his beloved daughter. Then when Verand got to know him more, he became an even more sure that he will be perfect for his daughter.

Leon was still shocked by how easily they accepted him. He had told them that he also intends on marrying Freya, Lily, and Vyra, yet they didn’t even mention it as something to be weighted. They’ve accepted it and gave him their blessings.

“We have considered you as our own son and spouses of our beloved daughter, Leon. We were just waiting for you to speak those words.”

Aria and Iris were crying in their mother’s embrace. They were extremely happy that they could finally be one with their beloved. It was just like a dream.