Chapter 13 ~ Enchantment and First Quest

In Grandeur Fantasia, enchantment was a vital part in increasing the players' fighting strength. However, like any other features, there were limitations.

Rank E equipments could not be enchanted while rank D equipments could have 1 enchantments.

Rank C equipments could have up to 2 enchantments, and the number of enchantments able to be enchanted increases according to the equipment's rank.

Rank S, the highest rank for equipments, could have up to 5 enchantments.

The process of enchanting an equipment may fail, and the chance of failing increased as the rank and number of enchantments already enchanted in the equipment increased.

For instance, the success rate of enchanting the first enchantment to a D rank equipment was 95%, while the success rate of enchanting the fifth enchantment to a rank S equipment was only 2.5%.

This success rate, however, could be increased by using a cash item, which increased it by 10% but could not be stacked (meaning using two of these items would not increase it by 20%), or leveling up the job class.

An example of this would be a level 100 blacksmiths could increase the 2.5% success rate for enchanting weapons to 10%, making leveling up jobs very important.

Another vital part of enchantment was the need to use enchantment stones. These stones were also divided into several tiers.

Common enchantment stones were used to enchant D rank equipments. Unusual enchantment stones were used to enchant C rank equipments. Rare were used for B rank equipments. Mythical for A rank equipments. And lastly, Legendary enchantment stones were used for S rank equipments.

In addition to their importance and rarity, these enchantment stones were very valuable, and thus, expensive.

Many adventurers had tried using common enchantment stones to enchant their C or B rank equipments. Even though common enchantment stones were still expensive and they'd need numerous more stones to successfully enchant higher rank equipment, they wouldn't have to risk their lives to kill a high ranked monsters to possibly get the enchantment stone or pay even more money to buy them

Thus, this was the best alternative they got.

However, as said before, common enchantment stones were still expensive. Each stone would cost up to 5 gold coins according to Mia. And so, in addition to a chance of failing the enchantment process numerous time, high ranked adventurers still opted to use the unusual and rare enchantment stone that would cost up to 30 and 50 gold coins respectively.

Enchantment stones up to that rank were the only ones available on the market. No price could be put onto enchantment stones above rare.

Mythical enchantment stones were considered national treasures and could only be used to enchant national treasure level weapons and armors.

There were also some cases in which it has been given to an A rank adventurers whose personality and achievements had been acknowledged by the country.

And Legendary enchantment stones were, as its name imply, only exist in legends.

Enchantment stones could only be obtained from menace class monsters and above. A legendary enchantment stone could only drop from an Armageddon class monster which only appeared once in the entire human history. That was, however, still a mere theory since the Armageddon class monster wasn't defeated.

Common enchantment stones could be obtained from menace class. However,  because they were considered high leveled monster that could only be defeated by a large group of C rank adventurers or a party of B rank adventurers, common enchantment stones weren't that common.