Chapter 29 ~ Magic Development

The magic system in this world greatly differed from Grandeur Fantasia.

In the game, mages and other magic oriented class had set amount of spells. It would be unreasonable to create a game where players could create their own spells so it was the obvious result.

Each magic class had unique set of spells. Mages would have damage dealing oriented spells such as <<Fireball>> and <<Icicle>> while Priests would have healing oriented spell including <<Heal>> and <<Sanctuary>> including some support magic such as <<Blessings>>. Enchanters would have utility magics such as support spells which include <<Heroism>> and <<Sharp Edge>>, etc.

This was how magic spells were categorized in Grandeur Fantasia. However, now that Leon came to this world, how did the magic system change?

There were no class restrictions in this world. Some mages could cast <<Fireball>> and some couldn't. Only few mages could cast <<Heal>> while most others couldn't. Then what was the magic system that categorized magic spells in this world?

Mia had given Leon the answer while she was teaching Lily magic.

"Magic spells can only be used by magicians who had an affinity to the element of the magic."

<<Fireball>> could only be casted by magicians with fire element, while <<Heal>>and other support magic could only be casted by magicians with Light element. This was how magic was categorized in the new world.

Leon still could use all spells from the mage class and priest class. All of them were class based, not element based. That was the reason to why Leon had affinity to all elements.

When he came to realise this fact, a question arises in Leon's mind. If there were no more fixed amount of spells a mage could use and the only limitation didn't applied to him who had affinity to all elements, what other kind of magic can he use beside Grandeur Fantasia's spells?

Mia had mentioned that a clear image of the spell was necessary to invoke it. As long as a mage had the necessary mana and affinity, they could use any spell they could imagine.

First, Leon tried to see if he could use magic aside from spells from Grandeur Fantasia. He began imagining a high pressured water gun. There wasn't any spells in Grandeur Fantasia which resembles what it does. The most similar spell would be <<Water Serpent>> which created a serpent made out of water and attacked enemies in its area of effect. Leon raised his hand in front and direct his mana into his hand as per what Mia said on how to cast magic.

A large stream of water burst out of Leon's hand. The pressure slightly surprised Leon and made him stepped one foot back. The stream of water hit a tree and goes through it and even the tree behind. It continued piercing through trees until Leon stopped his magic.

"What the hell happen!?"

"Leon!"

"Th-This guy..."

Lily, Mia and Rafael were surprised at the sudden loud noise of water streams and trees bursting. They began running towards Leon.

"I'm sorry for startling you."

"Le-Leon... What did you just do?"

Mia turned her head towards the broken trees several meters away from them. There were about six fallen trees on the path where the high pressured water stream was directed.

"I was testing a magic I thought of just now."

"Magic... He just thought of... Just now..."

"Mia... you have used that magic right? Was it suppose to be that powerful?"