Chapter 122.1 ~ Elimination Rounds Day 1 (2)

AN: Hey guys~ Hope you guys enjoy this chapter XD!!! Wish you all a great day and stay safe wherever you are~!!!

"First elimination round, Lady Aqua von Sirenius vs Lady Cecily von Lucrious, start!"

The moment the match began, Cecily raised her staff with a confident smile and started chanting.

"Fire, gather before me and pierce through all that stand in my way! <<Flame Lance>>!!!"

An incredible amount of magic aura raged around her like wildfire as she chanted, causing her hair and skirt uniform to flutter.

With a single line chant, a lance the size of an adult male and made out of crimson fire appeared in mid-air above her. It was pointed towards Aqua, whose mind immediately sent alert signals through her whole body. It radiated an incredibly powerful aura that even the audience could feel the pressure and heat.

Aqua began sweating. She could feel her entire body trembling from the pressure that fire lance exuded. She was afraid, but her fighting spirit and will to win managed to snap her out of it. She immediately began casting her strongest defensive water spell.

"Oh water, gather before me. Form a formidable wall of ice that shall repel all that harms me. Be the shield that protects my comrades! <<Shield of Ice>>!!!"

A massive wall of ice burst forth from the ground in front of Aqua. It was a beautiful, crystalline blue wall of ice that exuded both beauty and toughness. But before it was a large flaming lance which was burning furiously.

The fiery lance struck the wall of ice with a boom, creating an impact that could even be felt by the audience. The lance slowly turned into beautiful crimson embers before disappearing into thin air.

The strike from the flaming lance created a large crater at the center and spiderweb cracks that spread through the entire wall of ice. It had barely defended against Cecily's <<Flame Lance>>.

The crystalline wall of ice shattered and slowly dissipated into the air, revealing the figure of the blue-haired girl gasping for air.

"That was very impressive, Ms. Aqua."

Cecily didn't lose her confident smile. After all, this was merely her greeting towards both Aqua and the audience. She was very satisfied by the fact that Aqua could defend against it. It would be boring if she was defeated with a single spell.

Aqua's frown deepened when she saw Cecily not perturbed or affected in the slightest. She was panting heavily but Cecily didn't even break a sweat.

"Hah... Hah... I thank you for your praise, Lady Cecily..."

"You deserve it, Lady Aqua. Well then, shall we continue or do you want to surrender now?"

Her statement may sound very arrogant, but there was no arrogance and conceit reflected in her eyes nor tone. She was asking her out of concern.

There wasn't a need for her to continue fighting Aqua. She would do otherwise in a real battle, but this was a school tournament. It was a time for students to display their skills and determine who was more skilled and powerful.

Cecily had displayed the extent of her skill and power through that one spell and likewise, Aqua has also shown her ability through her defensive spell that could defend against her <<Flame Lance>>. And since the difference of power has also been shown, there was no need for them to continue this battle as they've completed their objective. There was no need for Cecily to completely destroy Aqua and tarnish her good name. That's why Cecily chose to ask her this question.